Everyone knows that NYC is the perfect place to fall in love. And if you ever get a chance, you should definitely fall in love with a New Yorker. Here are the stages you go through when it happens:
1. Maybe you meet your new love at a party.
2. Or at a bar.
3. Or on the subway.
4. Actually probably not because nobody talks to anyone on the subway.
5. But however you met, your first conversation is probably about what you do.
6. Everyone knows opposites attract—maybe you’re in finance and they’re in an artist.
7. Or you’re looking for someone with the same career struggles as you.
8. The first time you spend the night together is magical.
9. Then there’s the walk of shame. Which is actually a walk, subway ride, subway transfer, and another walk.
10. If you live in different boroughs, by the time you get home half your day is gone.
11. But it’s okay, because you really really really really really like them.
12. Next time you meet you take a long walk in Central Park.
13. And maybe even rent a boat.
14. You go out to dinner.
15. And then you decide to stop going out to dinner because it’s too fucking expensive.
16. But every once in a while you find a sweet deal on dinner for two.
17. You love buying everything on Fever that’s “for two” because you actually have your number 2 now.
18. Subway kissing.
19. You visit all the city’s most romantic places.
21. Or maybe you’re both into weird shit like burlesque or competitive ping pong.
22. But that’s okay because, if there’s one place where you can find a soulmate who’s into the same weird stuff you’re into, it’s New York City.
23. And if you can survive a relationship in this crazy place, your love will surely last forever.
Cover photo credit: t.germeau/Flickr