Girl Scout cookie season is arguably as longed for as the holiday season and, lucky for us, the season officially kicks off tomorrow, February 1st! And whether you’re looking for Samoas, Do-si-dos, or Thin Mints (New York’s go-to Girl Scout cookie) we know just where to find them.
But, before we get into it where to buy Girl Scout cookies in NYC, there’s some things we must go over.
First off, due to the rising costs of goods and services nationwide, cookies in NYC will increase to $7 a box this year in order to better support Girl Scout programming. All proceeds from the NYC Girl Scout Cookie Program will remain in the five boroughs.
Proceeds will also go towards supporting Troop 6000, which launched in 2017 as a first-of-its-kind program to serve families living in temporary housing in the NYC shelter system. And, this past year, Troop 6000 expanded to serve the influx of asylum seekers. You can learn more about this here.
This year’s cookie menu includes:
- Adventurefuls – brownie-inspired cookies topped with caramel flavored crème with a hint of sea salt
- Caramel Chocolate Chip – chewy cookies with rich caramel, semisweet chocolate chips, and a hint of sea salt (gluten free)
- Caramel deLites/Samoas – crisp cookies with caramel, coconut, and chocolaty stripes
- Do-si-dos/Peanut Butter Sandwich – crunchy oatmeal sandwich cookies with peanut butter filling
- Girl Scout S’mores – crunchy graham sandwich cookies with chocolate and marshmallow filling
- Lemonades – savory, refreshing shortbread cookies topped with a tangy lemon-flavored icing
- Lemon-Ups – crispy lemon cookies baked with inspiring messages
- Peanut Butter Patties/Tagalongs – crispy cookies layered with peanut butter and covered with a chocolaty coating
- Thin Mints – crisp, chocolate cookies dipped in a delicious mint chocolaty coating
- Toast-Yay! – toast-shaped cookies full of French toast flavor and dipped in delicious icing
- Toffee-tastic – rich, buttery cookies with sweet, crunchy toffee bits (gluten free)
- Trefoils – shortbread cookies inspired by the original Girl Scout cookie recipe
This season, Girl Scouts across the city will host their in-person booth sales throughout March and April (and we’ll let you know where to buy Girl Scout cookies in NYC when the time comes!) In the meantime, you’ll be able to purchase cookies online here.
Those who want to both support Girl Scouts and give back can donate boxes to be distributed to food pantries in NYC, providing a pick-me-up to families facing food insecurity.