A day started out with a baconeggncheese or a warm and fluffy bagel is a day started out right, and us New Yorkers definitely know a thing or two about the quintessential NYC breakfast–needless to say we weren’t surprised to find out NYC took the crown as the best city for breakfast enthusiasts.
Noticing the 40.8 billion views on TikTok for #breakfast and the 132% increase in people searching for the “Best breakfast/Brunch places near me,” online travel agent loveholidays set out to find America’s best cities for breakfast based on 6 different factors:
- Search Volume – the Google search volume for the phrase “Breakfast in X” (for the period Sep 2022 – Aug 2023)
- Bakeries – the number of bakeries in each city that have rating of 4 stars or more
- Breakfast Restaurants – the number of restaurants in each city that have a user rating of 4 stars or more and serve breakfast
- Coffee & Tea Establishments – the number of coffee and tea establishments in each city that have a user rating of 4 stars or more
- Coffee Cost – the cost of a regular cappuccino for each city
- Social Media Posts – the number of posts on social media that match “X” and “Breakfast,” where X is the city (for the period Sep 2022 – Sep 2023)
When it comes to NYC’s breakfast hotspots, the city is home to over 530 bakeries and nearly 4,000 breakfast cafes. So not only can you find a pretty bangin’ breakfast in the city, but you’ll have absolutely zero issues doing so as well.
According to Tripadvisor, NYC’s top-rated breakfast spots include:
- Brooklyn Bagel and Coffee Company
- Breads Bakery
- Mille-Feuille Bakery & Café
- Bibble and Sip
- Angelina Bakery NYC
Al Murray, Chief Marketing Officer at loveholidays stated:
Whether you’re more of a pastry and a coffee kind of person, or you’re after a pancake stack–starting a day off with a delicious breakfast and coffee is key for any exploring foodie. Be sure to explore and try out the smaller chain and independent spots too.
Now, where to go?
And, if you’re looking to just pick something up quick, our advice is to be sure to grab yourself a hot cup of joe too–NYC also doesn’t play around when it comes to pouring a good cup of coffee.