We asked our followers to name some unspoken rules of riding the subway…here are the answers! 👇
1. Never ride in an empty car
2. Take up as little space as possible
3. Bring hand sanitizer
4. Wear headphones when listening to music
5. No leg splaying (we wish people actually listened to this one!)
6. Don’t stand too close to the tracks
7. No eye contact (said by many, many people)
8. Don’t eat on the subway
9. Mind your business
10. Do not occupy 2 seats by putting a backpack or package on another seat
11. Step alllll the way in so passengers boarding have space to get on
12. Be ready…for ANYTHING!!
13. Don’t hug or lean on the pole when it’s crowded
14. The left side of the escalators is to walk down and the right side is just to stand on it as you’re going down
And, our personal favorite:
15. Let the people off the train first!
What’s your unspoken rule?! Add it in a comment here!