You won’t have to worry about whether to pronounce it as capicola or gabagool at Travelers, Poets and Friends, because this new Italian specialty market in the is entirely meat-free!
Travelers, Poets and Friends is the latest concept by One More Hospitality Group, offering locally-sourced produce, specialty goods, and prepared food, as well as an espresso bar, wine bar, pasta factory, and bakery in the heart of the West Village.
But the catch is that there’s no meat on the menu here.
Similar to One More Hospitality Group’s restaurants, such as Alice and Osteria57, Travelers, Poets and Friends will serve an abundant variety of vegetarian and pescatarian items.
One More Hospitality founder, Emanuele Nigro stated:
More than just a market, Travelers, Poets and Friends will be the cornerstone of One More Hospitality Group, both feeding the community and centralizing our surrounding operations by creating a self-sustaining ecosystem. Alice and Osteria57 will source nearly everything from the market, and with all items in the market sourced and made locally, visitors will be investing directly into our surrounding community, creating a better neighborhood option.
The multi-purpose market will have a number of different stations offering everything from fresh produce to freshly prepared pantry staples and meals, mirroring the format widely used throughout Europe.
The stations include:
- Main Bar: open all day serving coffee and espresso drinks and pastries in the morning and transforming into a wine bar in the evening.
- Fresh Pasta ‘Factory’: making fresh pasta daily, both for purchase and as the pasta for One More Hospitality’s restaurants.
- Fresh Produce & Specialty Goods: fresh, organic produce from local farms as well as housemade specialty goods, including sauces and jams.
- Bakery & Gastronomia: serving freshly baked breads and savory baked goods, such as pizza alla palla.
- Cold Specialties: filled with cheeses and prepared meals to be warmed at home.
- Health and Wellness Corner: including products such as fermented items, vitamin enriched goods that promote gut-health, herbal supplements, infusions and teas, and an assortment of beauty products.
The team’s philosophy is centered around sustainability, propelled by the belief that food is medicine. Seen as a “complete labor of love,” the market will only use ingredients people can recognize while sourcing from local, organic farmers Chef Orfino has built relationships with over the years.
Travelers, Poets and Friends is now open at 457 Sixth Avenue near West 11th Street. They’re currently open daily from 10am – 6pm, though they’ll be expanding their hours and offerings in the coming weeks.