New York City is one of the best and most unique places in the world (ah, who are we kidding? The best & most unique).
There are countless reasons to fall in love with NYC every day, but one of the main ones is that there’s so much here that you have access to — from culture to food to opportunities — that other cities just can’t complete with.
So we asked our readers & followers: “What’s your favorite thing New York has that you can’t get anywhere else?”
Of course the list could’ve been even longer (practically to infinity), but we chose our favorites!
Here are 35 things New York City has that you can’t get anywhere else, some funny, some heartfelt, all completely true:
1.“The opportunity and experience of life is unlike anywhere else…yeah the rent is too damn high but that’s the price of admission!”
2. “Neighborhoods with all the little restaurants and services in each area.”
3. “An obvious one, but really good bagels.”
4. “Diversity like in no other place.”
5. “The amazing vibration that can’t be found anywhere else.”
6. “The freedom to be myself unapologetically.”
7. “Damn good pastrami sandwich. I’ve traveled all over the U.S. I seek out sandwiches in all the places I visit. No city has pastrami as good as this city.”