Queen Bey definitely does not take the subway. But she would sympathize with the struggles of those of us who do. Here are the stages you go through on your morning commute:
1. Worrying that you forgot your MetroCard. Again.
2. But realizing that you have it
3. Getting your swipe right on the first try
4. Running to make the train
5. And trying to act cool when you miss it
6. Sweating while you’re waiting for the next one
7. And then getting a blast of cool air when you finally get on
8. When someone is leaning on the pole so no one else can grab onto it
9. Trying to find some personal space in a crowded car
10. When someone drops something and has to bend down to pick it up
11. When you’re holding onto the pole and you know you look good
12. When the train takes a turn too fast
13. When you see somebody cute
14. But then you have to get off at your stop before you can say hello
15. Trying to get to the door when the car is crowded
16. When you realize how late you are
17. So you walk down the platform like you mean it
18. Then you get winded from your walk up three flights of stairs
19. But you arrive at work on time!
20. It’s going to be a good day.
Featured image: theundefeated.com