NYC is in a State of Emergency due to the massive snowstorm, and now public transportation will be suspended as well.
The Mayor declared the State of Emergency last night, allowing only essential travel, and Governor Cuomo followed up with the same announcement this morning, for NYC and for 9 other New York State counties.
Now, the Governor has also announced that all outdoor subway service will be suspended starting at 2 p.m. today.
ICYMI: the current storm is expected to continue through Tuesday night, dropping up to 18 inches of snow (or more at this rate) on the city.
Here is what else the state of emergency includes so far:
- In-person learning is cancelled for today and tomorrow
- Alternate Side Parking is suspended through Saturday
- Nonessential travel is restricted\
- Staten Island Ferry service is modified
- NYC Ferry service is suspended
- Open Restaurants are cancelled tonight
- #CodeBlue is in effect. If you or someone you know needs safe shelter, contact 311
- Food distribution centers are closed today and tomorrow
- City vaccine sites are closed today and tomorrow
featured image source: Instagram / @thecityandthesubway