Williamsburg’s stunning Domino Park is hosting their annual Juneberry Festival this weekend, and if live music and tasty treats are your jam, make sure to clear your calendar!
The all-day Juneberry Festival celebrates the delicious berry grown in the park–the juneberry is a a dark-colored fruit that has a flavor reminiscent of dark cherries or raisins. But beyond celebrating the berry, the event is also educational–through activities for all ages, community education programming, and workshops the festival emphasizes local ecology, sustainability, and community engagement.
Beyond educational programming, however, there will also be live music performances, juneberry treats, and a photo station that’s perfect for spicing up your Instagram.
As the park’s 3rd annual Juneberry Festival, this year’s activity lineup is building upon the success of past years to provide attendees with a slew of exciting events.
Event highlights include:
- Live music by Christina F & Gabriel Aldort
- Dog adoption event with adorable berry-named pups
- A “Native Plants” adventure for kids to explore the local horticulture present throughout the park
- Hands-on plant education activity for adults to learn about plant care
- A Build Your Own Bouquet booth
- “Ask An Urban Gardener” session
- Community education stations
Plus, as one of NYC’s best waterfront parks, attendees can also take in stunning views of the NYC skyline.
The annual Juneberry Festival is taking place Sunday, June 25 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Entry is completely free, and attendees will receive free juneberry ice pops from local favorite, Mom & Icepops.
Learn more on their Instagram.