Urbanspace, NYC’s beloved market maker, has opened their newest food hall in Union Square on Wednesday, December 14th. At the time of its opening, it was merely just a stones throw away from the neighborhood’s festive holiday market (one of the best rated holiday markets in the world!).
Spanning 10,000 square feet at Zero Irving with an extensive back patio, the food hall features 13 food vendors from well-known establishments to budding concepts.
“The Union Square-14th Street neighborhood has been eagerly awaiting the opening of Urbanspace Union Square at the new Zero Irving tech center and we are thrilled the day has arrived,” said Ed Janoff, Acting Executive Director of Union Square Partnership. “If there’s one thing Union Square is known for, it’s great food options, and with more than a dozen exciting new purveyors under one roof – including six first-time operators and start ups – this is sure to be the hottest new destination for local workers, residents, and visitors to grab a bite.”
Zero Irving is a tech-focused mixed-use/office building new to the neighborhood from RAL Development. Nearly half of the vendors at the new hall come from food entrepreneurs/start-ups that are less than four years in the making, surpassing Zero Irving’s original goal to reserve a quarter of vendor spots for first-time entrepreneurs.
Vendors include: *** for those that have operated for less than four years
- Summer Salt*** (Baja tacos and burritos)
- Casa Toscana (Italian focaccia sandwiches)
- Kid Brother Pizza*** (market-driven pizza by Chef Michael Davis)
- Pita Yeero*** (Greek gyros and salads)
- Plant Junkie*** (plant-based comfort food)
- Bao by Kaya (bao buns and noodles)
- Goat Cafe*** (specialty coffee and pastry)
- Bobwhite Counter (tasty fried chicken and sandwiches)
- Twenty One Grains*** (gluten-free grain bowls)
- Playa Bowls (fresh smoothies and juices)
- Wafels & Dinges (Belgian waffles)
- Top Hops (craft beer and cocktail bar)
- GoFish (sushi boxes)
“We are excited to see Urbanspace Union Square opening at Zero Irving. This vibrant food hall experience will help deliver on our vision for a modern mixed-use building that connects with its local environment,” said Josh Wein, Managing Director at RAL. “We believe Urbanspace Union Square becomes a true destination for the neighborhood at large and an incredible amenity for Zero Irving’s office tenants.”
Learn more about the Union Square food hall here.
124 E 14th Street on the ground floor of Zero Irving
Sunday through Wednesday 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. and Thursday-Saturday 7 a.m. – midnight