If you planned on watching the second Presidential debate tonight, Oct. 15, you got at least 1.5 hours of your life back!
The non-partisan Commission on Presidential Debates had first recommended holding a virtual debate instead of an in-person one, for safety concerns after President Trump was diagnosed with COVID-19, but when the President refused to take part it was canceled all together (see #1 for what is still going on tonight…).
So, we asked New Yorkers how they’re spending their spare time tonight. Here are your answers! (And be sure to follow us on Instagram so you can be a part of our polls).
Some are still taking political action:
1. Watching the Town Halls
With the debate canceled, each Presidential candidate is now doing a separate town hall to answer voter questions on different TV networks…at the same time (8 pm EST). Joe Biden’s is on ABC and Trump’s is on NBC.
2. Phonebanking, of course!
Volunteering is a great way to make use of the extra time!
If you need to how how to do it in New York, we’ve got you covered.
4. Telling My Friends To Go Vote
5. Debate On Why The Debate Was Canceled
Some are exploring NYC:
6. Checking Out the Hudson Yards Brewery
Ooo looks like they are having a “Battle of the Brews” in their backyard cafe!
7. Roaming around the city. I want to check out the Manhattan Medusa statue.Read more about this here!
8. Walking down 42nd St. and then to Fashion Ave.
9. Drinking a beer at MacDougal Street Ale House
Some are getting outside:
Get those endorphins!
11. Bike Riding
Might we recommend these 15 Lovely Spots For A Relaxing Bike Ride In NYC?
12. Working Out
Some have chores:
14. Got Called Back Into Work…Had Off Because Of The Debate
15. Work On My Two Papers Due In Three Days
Some are chilling out:
16. Catching Up On Sleep
17. Watching Scary Movies
18. Reading a Book with a Glass of Wine and a Face Mask
#SelfCare at its finest.
When in doubt…
20. Scrolling Your Instagram Page
Fully support that:
featured image source: Shutterstock