The iconic Famous Food Festival is back this year, and it’s expected to be their best food celebration yet!
Prepare to enjoy a weekend of uniquely delicious cuisines from around the world and fabulous entertainment for all on Friday, September 3rd through Monday, September 6th. The four-day extravaganza will bring together over 60 cultural food vendors in Deer Park for an epic weekend of food-filled activities.
This year, the Famous Food Festival is inviting everyone to “Taste the World” with vendors from a range of different culinary cultures offering a variety of menu items. Guests will be able to enjoy insanely unique offerings like a Fried Shark Sandwich from Caribbean Street Eats, spiralized potatoes on a stick from Twisted Potato, and boozy pudding from Spoonable Spirits.
The weekend event may have a focus on food, but it’s also a marketplace for so many cool things! The 80-acre complex will feature a local artists gallery, Alpha Axe Throwing, 9-hole mini golf, psychic readings, a red carpet photo booth, engaging chef demonstrations, and a Vampire Escape Room. And that’s only some of it! There will also be live music to jam out to as you sip and eat your way around the culinary world.
The Famous Food Festival is a family-friendly experience with a kids section featuring a rock wall, tubs of fun, virtual reality, face painting, henna, balloon making, gem mining, and plenty of crafts. Children under 10 are welcome for free, and online tickets for everyone else are $7 with discounted prices for multiple day entries.
That said, at only $7 a ticket (and a limited number available) they’re going fast—so you’ll want to grab yours a.s.a.p.! Note: at the door they’ll be $12.
While you wait for the big weekend to arrive, here’s a look at some of our favorite vendors that will be attending:
- #DeepFriedWatermelon – A Filipino street food of Deep fried watermelon topped with grandma’s homemade vanilla icing
- HangryDog – Corn dogs with hotdog, stretchy cheese, or both with regular bread crumbs, potato or sweet potato bits
- Fried Lasagna Mama – Fried lasagna in flavors such as: “The Original,” “The Veg,” or the “Mex Flex”
- La Sous Cuisine – Haitian fusion: Griot (fried pork) and Fried Red Snapper
- Bang Cookies – Enormous soft baked cookies with flavors like Sea Salt Chocolate Chunk, Triple Chocolate Chunk, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk
- Empire BBQ NYC – Crispy Chicken sandwich, Smoked Brisket sandwich/platter, and Apple wood smoked Pork Shoulder
- Quiaufa’s Kitchen – Vegan soul food including Vegan Mac & Cheese, a Vegan Rib Sandwich and a Vegan Fried Oyster Mushroom Sandwich
- Indy’s Kitchen – Empanadas (with several fillings and vegan options), Yaraos (fries loaded with toppings), & Mofongo (fried and mashed plantains with various toppings)
- Emily’s Apple Puffs – Zeppoles, Apple Puffs, Fried Pop Tarts, Fried Twinkies, Fried Rainbow Cookies and more
- La Braza – Meat Skewers, Empanadas, and Arepas with Cheese
September 3rd (3pm – 9 pm)
September 4th (11am – 8pm)
September 5th (11am – 8pm)
September 6th (11am – 8pm)
Where: 152 The Arches Cir, Deer Park, NY (Tanger Outlets in Deer Park)
Also published on Medium.