By living in one of the best cities in the world (or the best, in our humble opinion), New Yorkers get to enjoy so many TV shows and movies that take place right here.
One of the most recent NYC-centered hits is Amazon’s ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel,’ whose recently released third season you’re probably catching up on right now…
The show follows an Upper West Side housewife-turned-stand-up-comedian, Midge Maisel, as she goes through 1950s New York trying to kick off her career while managing romantic relationships, parenting, and her overbearing mother and father. And now, “On Location Tours” is hosting an all-encompassing bus tour stopping at all the top spots Midge and her family frequent on the show!
Since New York is such a historical city, some are actual spots where they filmed the show, while others are locations that inspired set pieces or are featured in other ways.
This includes but is not limited to:
- The Jazz Club where Midge watches Lenny Bruce perform (The Village Vanguard)
- A look into the famous park where Midge joins a protest (Washington Square Park)
- One of the oldest bars in NYC where Joel and his friend Archie commiserate (Old Town Bar)
- A drive by the butcher shop where Midge & her mother shop (Albanese Meats and Poultry)
- A meal at the diner central to Midge & Joel’s relationship (La Bonbonniere)
They are constantly updating the tour with new sites, so you never know exactly which spots you’ll get to see!
It’s available on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays at 12pm and lasts about two and a half hours. For information and to buy tickets ($52), check out their website here.
Featured image: Instagram / @amazonprimevideo