If there’s something we can all agree on, it’s that there’s nowhere else in the world quite like the NYC subway. If you’ve had the please or displeasure of riding one of our trains here in NYC, first we apologize, secondly, you won’t be scarred forever…or so we hope not.
Since wacky stuff happens each day, we decided to ask our audience of local New Yorkers what the most outrageous thing they’ve observed on the subway was. The answers were definitely unusual. But you know the saying, c’est la vie or when in NYC…or however it goes!
See some of the most baffling answers shared by our audience below:
1. “A train line that wasn’t delayed.”
2. “There is not enough time and space to even begin…”
3. “A dog got on a train alone. Several stops later, he got off like he knew where he was going.”
4. “You know those people who dress up as cartoon characters in the Times Square area? Well one got on the subway at 42nd St. in his Spider-Man outfit and wound up helping the police apprehend a criminal”
5. “A woman pulled a hairpin out of her hair, picked at her ears and pulled wax out them, then put the wax on the chair.”
6. “A guy walked by me with a 8′ python hanging around his neck”
7. “Guy dressed in a full bunny costume. Smoking a cigarette. And it wasn’t Halloween. Or Easter!”
8. “A man sharing a pizza slice with a rat sitting next to him”
9. “A lady picking the gum off the bottom of the seat and putting it in her mouth”
10. “Someone doing cartwheels throughout the entire car”
11. “Back in my East Village days, a man opened a box in-between stops. There were 2 pigeons inside that proceeded to fly around crazy”
12. “Someone changing a baby’s diaper”