More free concerts are coming your way, NYC!
The city’s only floating park Little Island just announced the return of its summer performances starting Wednesday, June 7.
Since the park’s opening on May 21, 2021, Little Island has attracted over 3 million visitors.
2021’s summer programming alone featured 1,260 artists, and last season grew to be an even bigger hit with 100 more performances than that!
Intimate performances in The Glade will include artists along the likes of:
- Tony Award winner Tonya Pinkins
- SNL Cast Member James Austin Johnson
- Grammy Award winner Joshua Henry
- Emmy Award nominee Shaina Taub
- Lortel Award winner Kuhoo Verma
- Broadway favorites Amber Iman, Aisha Jackson, Mykal Kilgore, John Manzari, Grace McLean, Florencia Cuenca, & Jaime Lozano
- Tap dancer Luke Hickey
- Jazz artists
- And many more!
Upcoming events include:
Creative Breaks – Every Wednesday through Saturday, Wednesday, June 7 through Saturday, September 2
- Free art making activities (dance, music, and visual art), for all ages
Teen Nights – Every Friday at 7:00 p.m., Friday, June 16 through Friday, August 25
- A mix of events from performances and social mixers to workshops and a Kiki lounge, all created by and for teens
See the full calendar of events here.
Free weekly and themed performances will return Wednesdays through Sundays in The Glade and The Play Ground. Entertainment will vary between singer-songwriters, comedians, spoken word, drag bingo, cabaret and more.
All of the programming will be free to the public, so you’ll only need to make a regular Park reservation (which is required to visit any time after 12 p.m.) to attend most of the events.
Even the island’s food and beverage program will get better this season, returning with an expanded menu of grab and go items to enhance visitors’ overall park experience.