Calling all film buffs! While you’re exploring NYC’s best movie theaters, prepare yourself for one of the city’s premier film events! This fall, the 61st annual New York Film Festival is set to arrive, bringing tons of renowned productions with it. Here’s everything you need to know about what’s to come!
What is the New York Film Festival?
The New York Film Festival is one of the most prestigious and highly regarded film festivals in the country! The annual event in NYC showcases some of the best film premieres, curated by a selection committee of film experts, critics, and programmers. There’s also panel discussions, Q&A sessions, awards, special screenings, and more!
When is the New York Film Festival?
The 2023 New York Film Festival will take place from September 29 – October 15, 2023.
Where is the New York Film Festival?
The New York Film Festival’s main venues are in Lincoln Center, consisting of Alice Tully Hall (1941 Broadway/W 65th St), Walter Reade Theater (165 W 65th St, Plaza Level), Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center (144 W 65th Street), and David Geffen Hall (10 Lincoln Center Plaza).
There will also be other partnering venues showing films throughout the festival, including Alamo Drafthouse Cinema in Staten Island, Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM), the Bronx Museum of the Arts, Maysles Documentary Center in Harlem, and the Museum of the Moving Image in Queens.
What films will be showing at New York Film Festival?
NYFF premieres some of the most exciting films, ranging from domestic and international films to world premieres! Check out some of the exciting films that are slated for this year’s lineup below:
- May December – Natalie Portman stars as a television star doing research for a film on a married couple with a large age gap…20 years after their astonishing romance turned them into notorious tabloid figures.
- Priscilla – This film follows the marriage and love affair of Priscilla Presley, who’s bond with Elvis proves to be remarkable.
- Ferrari – This biographical sports thriller tells the story of legendary car manufacturer and entrepreneur Enzo Ferrari and his life/career.
- La Chimera – Josh O’Connor stars as a fresh-out-of-jail Englishman who gets tangled up in an international network of stolen ancient Italian artifacts in the ’80s.
- Pictures of Ghosts – Brazilian filmmaker Kleber Mendonça Filho unveils the story of his hometown Recife, which is full of archaeological film history that is now gone.
- Anatomy of a Fall – After a woman is accused of killing her husband in their home in a remote town in the French Alps, she tries to prove her innocence with her 11-year-old blind son as the only witness.
- Fallen Leaves – This Finnish-German comedy-drama follows the love story of two Helsinkians, a grocery clerk Ansa and construction laborer Holappa who try to make it work.
How can I get tickets to the New York Film Festival?
Tickets for the NYFF can be purchased on their website, starting at as low as $13! Discounted tickets are also available if you are an FLC Member. Tickets go on sale on September 19 at noon. Learn more and see ticketing options here.