Beginning in July, for a full season run once again after a limited time last year, Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy will be screening movies at the Pier 1 Harbor View Lawn every Thursday evening.
This year’s movie theme is “Away We Go,” transporting Park visitors to locations all over the world through film, in both action-packed options and more family-friendly faves.
Here’s the 2022 schedule for Brooklyn Bridge Park’s outdoor summer movies:
- July 7: Before Sunrise (R, 105 minutes)
- July 14: The Bourne Identity (PG-13, 119 minutes)
- July 21: Crazy Rich Asians (PG-13, 121 minutes)
- July 28: How Stella Got Her Groove Back (R, 124 minutes)
- August 4: Jurassic Park (PG-13, 127 minutes)
- August 11: Thelma and Louise (R, 130 minutes)
- August 18: The Mitchells vs. the Machines (PG, 114 minutes, Family Film)
- August 25: Public Choice with options of: Back to the Future [PG], Mamma Mia! [PG-13], or Mission Impossible [PG]). You’ll be able to vote online starting in early August!
Movie goers can enter the lawn at 6 p.m. and movies will begin at sundown (around 8:30 p.m.). Guests can bring their own picnic blankets, but reminder: chairs and dogs are not permitted on the lawn.
Food options will be available through Smorgasburg along the Pier 1 promenade, which opens earlier at 5 p.m. this year! Along with delicious bites, there’s also beer and wine concessions available for purchase for adults 21 and over.
Before the movies begin each evening, guests can be entertained with DJs spinning music courtesy of Brooklyn Radio, plus screenings of film shorts by local filmmakers selected by BAM Film.
You can learn more on their website here. This year, the series is also part of the Festival of New York, where 300+ organizations across all 5 boroughs will hold free events ranging from musical performances to food exhibitions.