Each year New York City becomes its own winter wonderland (and get ready to bundle up because this one will be a frosty, flakey, and slushy one) though a quick winter getaway offering a change of scenery is always welcome every now and then.
So you can imagine our excitement when we found out about The Milleridge Village, a quaint, old timey village located in the Long Island town of Jericho that serves as the perfect place to get into the spirit of the season!
The story of the historic Milleridge Village actually begins back in 1653 when a group of settlers arrived from New England. Some years later, in 1672, the building that is today known as the Milleridge Inn was begun by Mary Willets. The building was a tiny house, consisting of only two rooms and a central fireplace, and while the original construction remains virtually untouched to this day, the house has been built up and expanded many times throughout the years.
A trip to Milleridge Village is best started out at the delicious bakery.
Head to the Milleridge Village’s bakery to grab yourself something to snack on from their selection of cakes, breads, pies, and other yummy treats prepared daily, before seeing what else the Village has to offer.
Beyond the bakery, Milleridge Village is home to places to grab a drink and a bite to eat as well as a bunch of cute shops.
Here’s a taste of just what a trip to this whimsical winter wonderland entails:
- The Carriage House: a bar and grill serving some great food and drinks.
- The General Store: an adorable shop filled with home novelties, bakeware, trinkets, knickknacks, jewelry, and much, much more.
- Candy Shop: located in the back of the General Store is a Candy Shop filled with old-time candies and treats, toys, children’s clothing, and more.
- The Milleridge Cafe: The perfect place to stop and enjoy an ice cream sundae, shake, tea, or coffee, among other delicious treats.
- The Christmas Shoppe: Every day is Christmas at The Milleridge! Enjoy the spirit of the season in their year-round Christmas Shoppe complete with an enchanting collection of Santas, ornaments, nativities, nutcrackers, home decor, gingerbread houses, and more.
Plus, on your journey through the village you’ll be met with tons of cute and festive decorations, giving visitors the most perfectly cozy feel.
Depending on traffic driving to Milleridge Village from NYC will take just about an hour. You can also get there by train by taking the LIRR to Hicksville.