Every single day, New York City teaches its residents lots of different lessons, and though some of them can be admittedly tough, others can truly show you the goodness there is in the world.
A new, free immersive experience called The Living Portrait of NYC was recently unveiled, which captures the essence of New Yorkers and was created using 400 hours of interviews and 5,000 survey responses. The multimedia and performance event, created by Citizens, features four different multi-sensory rooms where personal NYC stories are weaved together with immersive sounds, music, film and live performances.
The survey itself brought out some pretty interesting responses, and some of the highlights are detailed below!
- 72 % of New Yorkers interviewed say living here makes them more empathetic, and 62% say it makes them more optimistic
- Of the five boroughs, the Bronx has the sunniest outlook, earning them the title of the most optimistic borough
- 45 percent of people would consider a couple who live in different boroughs to be in a long distance relationship
- Some New Yorkers won’t even give that “long distance” relationship a chance – 1 in 5 wouldn’t date someone who lives in another borough
- When it comes to work, 56% of New Yorkers would rather take a job they’re passionate about than a job with a high salary
Do you agree? You can view the multimedia experience in person through Tuesday, Sept. 27 at 29 W 23rd St. Find out more and reserve a free ticket online here on their website here!