There’s a new ice rink on the block! Industry City in Brooklyn just opened its very own outdoor ice skating rink, tucked in between wintery restaurants and holiday markets.
The rink opened on Saturday, November 30 and will be open Wednesdays through Sundays for the season, with ice skating theme parties on Fridays and Saturdays (see below for the full schedule). If you haven’t been before, it’s located at 220 36th St #2-A, Brooklyn, NY (ice skating is in the main Courtyard 5/6).
Admission is $10 for adults and $6 for children under 12. Skate rental costs $9, and helmet rental is $5. They also have “skate aids” to help you keep your balance for $10 per half hour, and a bag check for $5 so you don’t have to lug anything onto the ice.
Ice Rink Theme Schedule:
- Fri Dec 6 + Sat Dec 7: Disco Forever
- Fri Dec 13 + Sat Dec 14: Brittney Spears vs Katy Perry
- Fri Dec 20 + Sat Dec 21: Country Hits
- Fri Dec 27 + Sat Dec 28: Journey
- Fri Jan 3 + Sat Jan 4: Jock Jams
- Fri Jan 10 + Sat Jan 11: Retro 70s
- Fri Jan 17 + Sat Jan 18: 80s Hits
- Fri Jan 24 + Sat Jan 25: 90s Hits
- Fri Jan 31 + Sat Feb 1: Y2K Hits
- Fri Feb 7 + Sat Feb 8: Charlie XCX vs Carly Rae Jepsen
- Fri Feb 14 + Sat Feb 15: Love Songs
- Fri Feb 21 + Sat Feb 22: Disco Forever
- Fri Feb 28 + Sat Feb 29: Boy Bands
- Fri Mar 6 + Sat Mar 7: Disney Favorites
- Fri Mar 13 + Sat Mar 14: 90s Hits
- Fri Mar 20 + Sat Mar 21: CHER
- Fri Mar 27 + Sat Mar 28: Phish
Industry City has a rich history as a manufacturing, warehousing and distribution center that started in the 1890s. It had been abandoned from the 1960s until 2013 when it was redeveloped as a business and entertainment epicenter. Now there is everything from office space for countless local businesses to shopping to restaurants and even a Japanese food hall.
The ice rink is only a small addition to a whole new slew of winter activities. You can visit their nostalgic game room with arcade games and skee ball, browse and shop The Makers Guild with gift options from local artisans, and hang out by the ski lodge-inspired fire pit. You can also grab a drink — The Frying Pan is operating the Wheel House Bar just alongside the rink, so you can easily grab a hot chocolate or a hot toddy (and watch other people slip and fall over!).
There will also be a holiday market by WantedDesign open the first three Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in December, which is located on the second floor of 33 35th Street.
Plus, there are holiday a cappella performances of holiday hits like “All I Want For Christmas” and “Santa Baby” on these dates:
- Wed Dec 4 12pm – 3pm
- Sat Dec 14 1:30pm – 4:30pm
- Wed Dec 18 12pm – 3pm
- Sat Dec 21 1:30pm – 4:30pm
And, last but not least, there will be visits from Buddy the Elf December 13-15 and 20-22 from 12-2pm (Fri) and 12-5pm (Sat and Sun)!
You can get more details on their website.
Featured image: Instagram / @industrycity