Fall is quite arguably NYC’s best season, with the perfect weather, gorgeous leaves changing color, and so many places to curl up in a sweater with a good book.
Though it’s still technically a few weeks away, we got a taste of that cool weather last week, and now the stormy day we’ve been having is really driving home those cozy vibes.
Here are 22 things New Yorkers are most looking forward to about fall in NYC, as shared by our Instagram followers…
1. Picnics in Central Park
2. Sweater weather, sweatshirt season
3. Not sweating outside, low humidity
4. Halloween (& the Halloween Parade!)Find out all about this year’s theme here!
And don’t forget about the best NYC neighborhoods for the most extravagant Halloween decor.
5. Fall foliage, the leaves changing color
Keep up on the best times for peak fall foliage with this map.
6. No tourists
7. Caramel cider at Paris Baguette
8. Turning off the AC
9. Less traffic
10. Concerts — the best ones are in October
11. Pumpkin spice lattes
12. NYC Marathon
13. Beer fests
14. Fresh air, cooler temps
15. Food festivals
Little Italy’s Feast of San Gennaro is back next week!
16. Cinnamon pastries
17. The most beautiful sunsets
18. Hot coffee in the ParkSee our favorite shops here.
19. That perfect fall breeze
See our guide to all the Oktoberfest activities in NYC here!
21. Apple cider doughnuts
22. Crisp leaves