You could argue that NYC living has it’s own natural soundtrack; birds in the trees, cars honking at each other, the coughs and clearings of the throat on the subway. But sometimes you want to drown that natural soundtrack out with actual music, and to do that, you need just the right music. Pop this playlist into your ears, because we’ve got your whole musical day planned for you.
● NYC – Interpol: If ever a song existed that encapsulated the true feels of living in NYC, this is it. Yes, the pavements are a mess, but New York cares… sort of.
● Ho Hey – Lumineers: Ever fall in love in NYC? This song is the epitome of that feeling. Besides, he’s literally waiting for his love on Grand St. Doesn’t get more New York than that.
● You Are a Tourist – Death Cab for Cutie: Every feel like a tourist in your own city? Yup, Death Cab gets how you feel. Perfect for that subway ride that feels a little lonely.
● Daylight – Matt & Kim: The perfect New York summer song; but also, hipster enough to remind you of Williamsburg and high water pants.
● Work – Rihanna & Drake: Because let’s be real, all you do
● Born This Way – Lady Gaga: New York is an amazing melting pot of people from all backgrounds. This song embraces every lifestyle, race and gender on the spectrum, just like NYC does.
● 24k Magic – Bruno Mars: The perfect “getting ready to go out” song, for guys and ladies alike. Bruno Mars can show you the way; pinky rings to the air!
● Despacito – Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee: While this song is kind of awesome no matter where you are, it definitely captures that Latin feel of the city and it’s strong roots of Hispanic immigrants. Plus… it’s just a great song.