If you want to go to the Belvedere Castle this year, you have two days to do so!
Beginning Monday, the castle will be closed for the rest of the year for restorations.
It was originally supposed to close for renovations in 2017, but was postponed until now. The restorations will include:
- Repointing the exterior masonry
- Restoring the wood pavilions on the main plaza and upper terraces
- Recreating a wood tower that was originally part of the large pavilion at the northwest corner
- Replacing existing terrace pavements with bluestone pavers laid out according to the historic design
- Replacing the existing windows and doors with clear pane, insulated glass to evoke the Belvedere’s original open-air design and control interior temperature and moisture
- Repairing and replacing interior bluestone floors and ceilings
- Modernizing mechanical systems and upgrading utility services
The castle will open again to the public in 2019, so be sure to check it out today or tomorrow!!