Last year New Yorkers got to experience the notorious Bane Haunted House right here in NYC after 10 years in New Jersey, and now the terrifying experience is back again in Hell’s Kitchen!
Named “The Scariest Haunted House” by The Star-Ledger five years in a row, Bane Haunted House is reopening in Hell’s Kitchen this October. The thrilling experience preys on fears like creepy clowns, claustrophobia, separation anxiety, and utter darkness to give New Yorkers the scare of their life!
You can get your tickets here, an exclusive 24 hours before Bane releases their own inventory, so this is your chance to get them before anyone else! Due to their overwhelming popularity and limited capacity this year, Bane Haunted House will quickly sell out well before doors open, so you’ll want to get on this asap.
The top-rated haunted house takes up a five-story building at 618 West 46th Street and invites guests into a particularly spooky “house” with over 30 rooms. Those brave enough to enter the 40,000-square-foot space may have to climb up, jump over, crawl through, and spin around things as they make their way through the haunted house.This year, Bane is even more interactive than ever with a brand new entrance and first floor and a terrifying exit!
According to their website, last year over 2,000 visitors couldn’t even make it all the way through.
Of course, there are many new COVID-19 safety measures in place, including but not limited to: increased hand sanitizer stations; waiting lines on the outside of the building, none inside; only four people will be allowed in at a time, and they must be within same family and/or group; all touch stations will be sanitized by staff regularly. Face masks are required for visitors as well as all employees and actors.
As a few of their attraction rules warn:
- We will play on any and all of your fears such as separation anxiety, fear of tight places, fear of the dark etc.
- You must follow all of our rules at all times. You might be asked to crawl, jump, slide etc. You must do as we ask or you will be asked to leave.
- You WILL BE ASKED TO SEPARATE at some point in time. You must do as we ask, no exceptions!
- Bane utilizes strobe lights, extremely loud noises, fog effects, realistic props, cinematic gore, tight spaces, and in some cases no lights at all. It is intended to be extremely frightening alarming.
- DON’T TOUCH US! WE MAY TOUCH YOU!
They clearly mean business when it comes to scaring the living hell out of you!
Bane Haunted House is only open at night after 7pm, with closing times that vary depending on the day. Only the brave will dare to enter this spine-chilling haunted house!
That said, if you’re looking for the fright of your life, grab your tickets asap here!
featured image source: Bane
Also published on Medium.