Okay, so we didn’t actually have time to write a list of absolutely everything that Donald Trump has been sued for, because apparently, he’s actually been named in at least 169 federal lawsuits. But we put together a list of the major cases, and here they are:
1. Sued in 1983 by members of the Local 95 pension fund, who claimed that Trump cheated workers out of at least $300,000 in contributions to the benefits fund by secretly employing non-union workers to build Trump tower. Trump settled in 1999.
2. Sued by the U.S. Department of Justice in 1988 for an antitrust violation: attempting to take over Holiday Corp. and Bally Manufacturing Corp. Trump paid $750,000 to settle the lawsuit.
3. Sued by 21 different companies and individuals in 1990 after Trump’s corporation filed for bankruptcy following the construction of the Taj Mahal Casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey, which was nearly $3 billion in debt by 1991.
4. Sued in the late 1990s by a Florida woman who claimed that Trump sexually harassed her, groped her, made physically aggressive attempts to have sex with her, and pulled out of a deal when she was not receptive to his advances. The case was eventually withdrawn.
5. Sued in 2009 by more than 100 people who paid millions of dollars in deposits to secure condos in the Trump Ocean Resort in Baja Mexico, but never got those condos because the building was never constructed. The property was foreclosed on before building even started. Trump settled the lawsuit in 2013.
6. Sued again in 2009 by several dozen people who put down deposits on units in Trump Tower Tampa, another project which was never even constructed. Some buyers lost as much as $250,000. Trump settled the lawsuit in 2012, and some buyers got as little as $11,115.
7. Sued in 2013 by the AG of New York for running a phony school, Trump University, which made false claims and tried to convince students to sign up for costly and useless seminars. This is the second time Trump has been sued over Trump University. The first time his name was eventually dropped from the suit.
8. Sued in 2015 by Puerto Rican civil rights lawyer Rafael Oliveras for his false and hateful comments about hispanic people. He is not seeking damages, but wants Donald Trump to be barred from seeking the office of the President of the United States.
That last one is definitely a long shot, but at least the guy is trying something.
Cover photo credit: Gage Skidmore/Flickr