It’s that time of year again; the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and Madison Square Eats has set up shop to fill our bellies. Some of the best restaurants, food carts and hole in the wall dessert shops come together right next to Madison Square Park to offer the best of the best. So what are the 5 best things to eat at Madison Square Eats this year? So glad you asked….
1. Roberta’s Margherita Pizza – Look, it’s not every day you can grab Roberta’s in Manhattan, and while the trek to Brooklyn for them is worth it, embrace the ease of grabbing some of the arguably best pizza in the city. Their Margherita is a classic, you haven’t lived until you’ve tasted that sauce!
2. MeltKraft’s Valley Thunder Sandwich – who doesn’t love an amazing grilled cheese? No one, and that’s why MeltKraft exists. Add some beef brisket and mac n cheese to your sandwich and you’ve got the Valley Thunder. Yes, cheese with your cheese. Please.
3. Arancini Bros’ Rice Balls – And on the fifth day, the Arancini Bros made their Sicilian rice balls, and all was good with the world. Try all of their flavors with their tasting option. Definitely worth ALL the carbs.
4. Korilla BBQ’s rice bowl – Korilla has been a staple in this city as the one of the coolest looking food trucks. Oh, and for their Korean barbecue. If you are unsure of what to get and want the best of everything, try their rice bowls, that are full of flavor. Don’t skimp on the kimchi!
5. Melt ice cream sandwich – Literally, any of them. Melt makes some of the best homemade ice cream sandwiches your mouth will ever have the pleasure of tasting. The perfect way to wrap up a warm spring evening, sitting by the park.