Do you remember back when you were a student and the moments you vaguely thought about life after college? The aim was to move to NYC, probably. Find a job, hopefully. But the reality of NYC life doesn’t hit you until you’re in it.
1. You never knew what having no money was like (really) until now.
2. And you kind of wish you’d thought ahead and fed your student loan into a savings’ account for NYC living.
3. You’re no longer able to just walk to your friends’ house. They live in Brooklyn. You live in the Bronx.
4. You can’t actually believe it takes over an hour to get from one end of town to the other.
5. It’s no longer acceptable to pop to the shop in your PJs.
6. You have to take out a small loan for a single night out.
7. But at least a night out in Williamsburg can give you a taste of student life again.
8. If you forget your ID, there’s no way you can talk your way into the club. The bouncers don’t know you here.
9. Getting black out drunk is slightly more dangerous…
10. Because the journey home is way more complicated.
11. And mega cheap cabs are not a thing here.
12. Cheap is NOT a thing here.
13. …There’s no student union, or go-to pub, for cheap beers.
14. So you still have to ‘pre-drink’, but it’s far more depressing.
15. Because it lacks drinking songs and games. (now it’s just to drown your sorrows)
16. Only difference is, when you’re hungover, you can’t just ‘decide’ not to go to your 9am start anymore.
17. Because you (hopefully) have a job.
18. …One that has nothing to do with your degree.
19. That, or you’re doing an internship to get ‘experience’.
10. Napping in the middle of the day isn’t a thing anymore
21. And now that you’re living for the weekend, you feel guilty just doing nothing in your spare time.
22. But no matter how broke you are, you know you’re not leaving any time soon, because you’re having the most fun you’ve ever had (since uni).
Feature Image: Selarz & Sarbaz