It’s time to look back at one of our favorite TV shows, but this time not through the rose-colored-glasses of nostalgia, but with a healthy dose of reality, and guy’s, it bites.
The HIMYM team live in a NYC where all the apartments are huge, where rent is cheap, where a playbook would work… no no no. Let’s look at all the crap that How I Met Your Mother fed us:
1. Wow, so ALL their neighbors were either dead, deaf or both, because if YOU try to throw a rooftop party (or any other kind of party) you’ll be hit be hit with a noise complaint before you can say “Legend… ary”
2. So they moved into that apartment straight after college??? Unless they had another four housemates we never saw, there’s NO WAY they could afford that!
3. NYE limo ride sounds fun… nothing like ringing in the new year stuck in horrendous traffic.
4. …Oh yeah, Robin had 5 dogs? Either she has the best landlord in the city, or we call bullsh*t. The only pets you’re allowed these days is the occasional roach.
5. A morning commute looks less like a Broadway show and more like an episode of the Walking Dead, get with the program.
6. Sword fighting? Good luck getting your deposit back suckas!
7. “Suiting up” is all well and good in the winter, but unless you’re looking for women with a pit-sweat-stain fetish then a summer “Suit up” is out of the question.
8. Living above a bar looks fun, right? There’s nothing I love more than being woken up at 4am by the sound of drunk ass barflies and the smell of urine on my stoop.
9. This scene in the rain?… *ahem* NO!
10. Barney’s playbook has less chance of working on a REAL NYC lady as it does landing him on a sex offender registry. Good luck with that, Stinson.
11. Oh, you’ll just take a cab like… EVERYWHERE! How the hell do they have the money for that?
12. Ranjit is just too good to be true. A chauffeur that’ll drive you around for free? Yeah right!
13. There is NO WAY that ANYONE in NYC has enough time to hang out in the same dive bar every night like these guys. They are ether masking a serious alcohol problem, or it’s just another lie.
Featured image source [Tumblr/Marshall Eriksen Screaming]