No matter where you are from, what you background is, or how long you’ve lived here, this city has a habit of turning us all into “New Yorkers”. As New Yorkers there are certain behaviors that unite us, and nowhere is that clearer than on the street. Here 12 things that all of us have done on the street at one time or another.
1. Given a tourist directions confidently when you actually have no idea where you just led them.
2. Gently and discreetly tripped/ shaken out a wet umbrella/ bumped into someone in a crowd after they were rude to you.
3. Gotten lost in the West Village.
4. Had a public freak-out when a pigeon flew too close to your face.
5. Exited a subway station, and walked confidently in the wrong direction… then casually turned around and hoped nobody noticed.
6. Yelled/ avoided eye contact/ tutted loudly/ at the guys selling tickets or those clip board wielding charity workers
7. Secretly marveled at how pretty Times Square is as we are walking through… after moaning about how much we hate it.
8. Walked into a nice restaurant or hotel like you were gonna eat or stay there, but you actually just need to use the bathroom.
9. Deliberately bumped into someone who didn’t know they were about to crash into you because they were busy looking at their phone.
10. Waved and greeted and run after a total stranger only to realize it’s not the right person.
11. Enjoyed being in Midtown. Bryant Park is the bomb!
12. Dropped your resting-bitchface for a moment to genuinely smile at a stranger on the street.
Featured image source [twitrcovers]