We’re all from different backgrounds, we speak different languages, and come from different parts of the world… but that doesn’t mean we’re all that different. There are some things that cross cultural divides and unite us all as New Yorkers. Here are the top 11 things that bring us all together:
1. The rent is too damn high.
Yeah, we get it, it’s an easy one, but that doesn’t make it any less true. Thanks to the slow and steady gentrification of our beloved NYC the rent it TOO DAMN HIGH.
2. There’s way to much Dog Sh*t on our streets.
How hard is it to pick up after your damn dog! If you can’t pick up after your pooch you shouldn’t have one. There, we said it.
3. The L train shutdown will be a major pain in the a$$.
Yeah, L-Train-geddon is the worst. We get it, the repairs are necessary for the blah blah blah… but 18 months! Seriously!
4. Cash only should never be a thing!
Cash only? Are you serious? What is this, Amish country? I’m not asking you to accept a goat as currency you jack ass, let me charge that sh*t!
5. The rats are taking over.
Sure, rats are all cute and clever when you’re watching one drag a pizza slice from the comfort of your cell phone screen, but you know what it’s like when you hear a loud noise and see tons of brown furry bodies scurrying for safety. GROSS!
6. It sure would be nice if the restaurants would leave more than a few inches between tables.
Sure, you need to squeeze as many tables into the restaurant as possible to make that crazy NYC rent… We get it, but is it really necessary to be so close to the table next to me that I can feel their pulse?
7. Can we all just agree that it’s NEVER “Showtime” on the subway?
Oh hey! I spent all this time making a playlist and avoiding eye contact just so you can prance around the train making a show of youreself. yeah, great. thanks for that.
8. Its best to be about a mile away from Times Square at all times.
…unless you’re a fake monk, creepy cartoon photo op dude or tourist… or maybe loud noise, crowds and stink is your thing, in which case have at it.
9. Slow walkers are the devil incarnate.
Oh no, you just take your timer… and while you’re at it, why don’t the three of you walk side by side too! You are terrible people… just sayin’
10. NO, wait!! People who upstream taxis are the devil incarnate.
If you think you’re going to get away with that in this city you deserve every bit of pain coming to you.
11. Selfie sticks should be banned.
You know… you could try using the original selfie sticks, what were they called again… FRIENDS, that’s right, you could try and make a friend.
Featured image source [Howard Brier | Flickr]