It doesn’t matter whether you’ve been living for in NYC for 2 years or for 10. If one of your friends from another city comes to visit you, you will most likely do things that you would never do by yourself. You’ll probably do some of the 22 following things:
1. Go to sleep early so that you can wake up early to…
2. Visit the Empire State Building, Central Park, Rockefeller Center…
3. Or even worse, the Statue Of Liberty.
4. You walk slowly and admire every building.
5. You tell them curious factoids about each building…
6. And brag like you’ve lived there forever.
7. You spend money like you have an amazing job.
8. You walk around instead of taking the subway.
9. If you do take the subway, you avoid the worst-looking stations or lines…
10. …and you take the car that strategically stops in front of an exit, mostly to show off.
11. You take the taxi instead of an Uber…
12. And when you see how much it cost you always say “if you were alone he would’ve taken advantage of you” (even though you know they take advantage of EVERYONE)
13. You guide everyone like you know the city like the back of your hand… but you always secretly check Citymapper or Google Maps so as not to get lost.
14. You eat hot-dogs, pizzas and pretzels on a daily basis.
15. You suddenly love Broadway musicals.
16. At night, you ‘accidentally’ end up in Times Square to impress your friend.
17. You barely complain about things like the noise or the smell.
18. You spend 99% of your time in Manhattan and 1% in Brooklyn…
19. …only 1% because you crossed Brooklyn Bridge and sat down 5 mins to see the view.
20. You enjoy exploring areas like Little Italy or Chinatown.
21. You suddenly love NYC animals.
22. But at least you don’t feel guilty for not having done anything through the day.
Feature Image: Groupon