One of those bad — dare we say even brutal — ways is by choosing a truly terrible time or place. No birthdays, people…or family events!
But even New Yorkers have been known to choose some savage occasions to do the deed. So, we asked our followers for the worst place in NYC they’ve been broken up with, and we’ve compiled them all for your entertainment (and, of course, so we can all commiserate together!).
Without further ado, here are:
The absolutely worst places to be broken up with in New York City
1. “The High Line. Crying in front of tourists is a circle of hell.”
What’s worse than crying in front of people? Crying in front of people trying to shove you to get a photo…
2. “74th & Broadway train on Thanksgiving.”
A holiday? Come on!
3. “On a random stoop in the middle of the streets of SoHo.”
…could be worse?
4. “Little Island.”
At least you could have a *dramatic* moment looking out over the views!
5. “In Central Park on my 25th birthday. The same week NYC went into lockdown.”
Dang, now that’s a triple whammy.
6. “Grand Central.”
Just hop on a train after?
7. “My apartment, two apartments away from where my boyfriend lived. Heard him laughing about it the next day.”
Let this be a sign unto you: do not live in the same building as your significant other.
8. “Outside a workout class before we were supposed to do it.”
The perfect excuse to get out of exercising!
9. “Brooklyn Bridge during the fourth of July fireworks.”
Wow, breakup with a view…
10. “Inside the car wash! I still had to drive him home after.”
Now that’s ballsy (or sudsy?).
11. “Subway and had to wait until the next stop to get off.”
If you break up with someone on the subway, you really should do it right when the doors open and then hop off before they close to limit awkward silences — that’s just common courtesy!
12. “23rd Street station, the same place he asked me out with flowers.”
The relationship really came full circle.
13. “My favorite restaurant on the UWS.”
Doing it at one of your favorite spots? Now that’s just RUDE.
14. “My sister’s wedding.”
Well, they do say weddings are the best place to meet single people 😬
15. “Off stage, before we had to go on as two people very much in love.”
Just give her the Tony already!
16. “The 100-year-old carousel near DUMBO.”
Round and round and round we go…
17. “While moving into ‘our’ new apartment.”
18. “LaGuardia (before the new terminal).”
Leaving room for a new relationship to take flight (sorry, couldn’t help that one).
19. “Top of the Empire State Building.”
Guess they missed all the rom coms where this was a quintessential romantic location?
20. “Long Island City, Pepsi Cola sign by the water.”
Bummer, but this is one of our favorite parks.
21. “Cafe Grumpy. I can’t enjoy their coffee no more.”
They probably thought it fit the theme.
22. “Brooklyn Bridge on 9/11 while we were there to view the memorial lights.”
A tragic ending to an already tragic day.
23. “The table next to a cashier at a busy pizzeria.”
“Extra large pie to go, please.”
24. “The Bryant Park Holiday Village.”
Not quite that Hallmark movie romance you had in mind.
25. “The delivery room in the hospital.”