You might think that ice cream can’t possibly be improved upon, but that’ll change once you have fresh-churned creamy goodness sandwiched between two fluffy waffles.
That’s what you’ll find daily at Mikey Likes It Ice Cream, which has two locations, on the Lower East Side at 199 Avenue A and in Harlem at 2500 Frederick Douglass Blvd. [featured image source: Instagram / @imma_eat_this]
The founder/owner is New York native Michael “Mikey” Cole, a master mixer of all things ice cream. He’s created custom flavors for the likes of Hillary Clinton and Jay-Z, and will even make you your own if you ask! He uses fresh, locally-sourced ingredients to create the most delicious and original creations…here’s a hint:
- “Brady Brunch” with banana pudding, Vienna Fingers, and crushed vanilla wafers
- “Jack & Jill” with crunchy peanut butter ice cream and fresh strawberry preserves
- “Mint Condition” with natural mint and triple fudge chocolate brownie pieces
- “Eat To Heal” a vegan flavor with blueberry hibiscus ice cream and a crushed pineapple and cayenne pepper swirl
- “Dough Boy” chocolate brownie dough pieces are combined with chocolate chip cookie dough
“We’re just trying to push the boundaries of what companies are doing with ice cream,” he says on their website. “And we do this by using the best ingredients and building lasting relationships with local businesses, customers and other great people.”
And their crowning glory (as if all of that didn’t sound delicious enough)? That’s the “Mac Daddy,” with two fresh waffle halves sandwiching your favorite flavor of ice cream. If you’re feeling extra ambitious, try the Daddy Mac, a WHOLE waffle sandwich.
Waffles are always available in classic or red velvet, and then they have a special seasonal flavor. Right now it’s a black tea waffle, which they recommend paired with a delectable-sounding vanilla chai caramel ice cream.
Both locations appear to be open Thursday-Sunday from 2-8pm, but check their Instagram for updates.