Along with tons of free art classes, NYC’s Museum of Modern Art is offering virtual tours through its galleries—and outside of them!
This week’s “Virtual View” will take viewers through MoMA’s beautiful outdoor Sculpture Garden, their own “oasis in the city.” The outdoor space would normally be opening around this time of year, so instead they’ll take you through the garden to relax and enjoy art just like old times.
Here’s what the calming virtual event entails:
- A live Q&A where you can share your stories of the garden and get any questions answered
- A sneak peek at some of the most inspiring—and wildest—moments in the Sculpture Garden’s history
- A guided meditation practice
- Learn all about the birds and other wildlife that live in the garden
- Watch the jaw-dropping installations of artwork with giant cranes and more
This video preview they released shows clips of the garden throughout its history—which has been a part of NYC since 1939!
To relax in the sculpture garden, albeit virtually, bookmark this page on their website.
featured image source: Instagram / @muazazzubaidi