There you are, making plans for labor day, when the MTA drops service changes on roads and public transport… Don’t panic! Here’s everything you need to know:
Bridges and Tunnels.
- On Friday at Queens Midtown Tunnel, and all weekend at the Hugh L. Carey Tunnel, only one lane of traffic will be open in each direction.
- On the brightside, Lane closures on other bridges and tunnels will be suspended from Friday to Tuesday.
Buses and Subways
- Subways and buses will operate on a Sunday schedule on Labor Day.
- Church Avenue 2 train stop in Brooklyn will be closed and bypassed from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m for the J’Ouvert Parade.
- On Monday, subway entrances on Eastern Parkway will be impacted by the West Indian Day Parade beginning at 10 a.m. From 12 pm to 7 pm Eastern Parkway-Brooklyn Museum 2, 3, 4 and 5 train station will be closed and bypassed.
Long Island Railroad
- On Friday there will be 10 extra afternoon trains leaving from Penn Station
- 17 additional trains from Grand Central.
- An extra departure from Hoboken on the Port Jervis line with connecting service from Penn Station For riders leaving for Orange and Rockland Counties.
Staten Island Railway
- express trains from at 2:30 p.m. – 7:50pm on Friday from the St. George Ferry Terminal.
- Sunday schedule on Labor Day.
Featured image source: [nbcnewyork]