Swifties can barely contain their excitement as MetLife Stadium gears up to turn into Swiftie Central this weekend–are you Ready For It?!
Buttttt before the big day approaches there are some things you’ll want to keep in mind to ensure your night ends up being the perfect Love Story you’ve been dreaming of. Don’t worry–we got you. Here’s everything you need to know about this weekend’s Taylor Swift concert.
Where and when are the Taylor Swift concerts happening?
Hopefully if you have tickets you know the answer to this one, but if not here it is–MetLife Stadium (1 MetLife Stadium Dr, East Rutherford, NJ). Concerts are taking place Friday, May 26, Saturday, May 27, and Sunday, May 28.
What do I need to know about tickets?
We know scoring tickets was virtually impossible, but we hope your Wildest Dreams came true and you were able to get your hands on one as no tickets will be sold at the stadium prior to or on show days.
Some other things to keep in mind regarding tickets:
- Tickets are valid for one scan only–re-entry is not allowed
- Barcode not showing up? Don’t worry! Barcodes for ticket scanning won’t appear until 8 hours prior to the event
- Guests with floor tickets (Sections 1-15) can enter through any gate and head to HCL Tech Plaza for floor entry
- Have a mobile ticket? Be sure it’s downloaded onto your phone before jumping on the security line
What items are permitted into the stadium?
Permitted items include:
- Banners and signs smaller than 11″ x 17″
- Polaroid cameras and small portable phone chargers
- Non-professional cameras
- Factory-sealed water/soft drink bottles (20 oz. or less)
- Medically necessary items (subject to inspection upon entry)
A list of prohibited items can be found here.
Clear Bag Policy:
Only one bag is allowed per person to enter, and the bag must be one of the following:
- A clear bag 12″ x 6″ x 12″ or smaller
- Completely clear and free of colored tint
- A non-clear small purse 4.5″, 6.5″, or smaller
Parking & Tailgating Policies:
An event ticket corresponding to that night’s show is required to access parking lots–tickets will be checked upon entry into the lots.
- Arrive early and carpool if possible to reduce traffic
- Prepaid parking is not available–you will have to pay upon arrival (credit cards & cash accepted)
- Take a photo of the pole closest to your car so you remember where you parked
- Tailgating is permitted but no additional parking spots may be used
Parking lots will open at 12:30 p.m. Parking fee is $40/car and $160/bus/RV/oversized vehicle.
Drop-off & Pick-up info:
For parents dropping off their children (with tickets) and remaining on property:
- Pay to park in the lot closest to your arrival point
- Ticketholders must be in the car to access lots
For parents dropping off their children (with tickets) and returning after the show:
- Drop off’s can start as early as 12:30 p.m. at the following 3 locations: Roadway between lots D & E, the back of Lot E, Lot I (near the Giants Training Center)
- Pick up’s can begin as early as 10 p.m. at the following 3 locations: The Ride Share Pick Up in Lot E, the back of Lot E, Lot D
Public Transportation & Rideshare:
- Rail service will operate from Secaucus to MetLife Stadium starting at 4:07 p.m. on Fri. and 4:17 p.m. on Saturday & Sunday
- Check www.njtransit.com/meadowlands for schedule and departure updates
- Purchase your round-trip tickets in advance via the NJ TRANSIT Mobile App
Coach USA Bus
- The 351 Meadowlands Express bus will operate from Port Authority NYC to MetLife Stadium starting at 3:30 p.m. on event days
- Return service to Port Authority runs for 60 minutes after the concert ends
- Round-trip tickets can be purchased in advance
- Designated rideshare (Uber, Lyft, etc.) pick-up/drop-off location is in Lot E and possibly Lot D pending demand
- Rideshare surge pricing is often in effect after the event
- Larger crowds will result in longer than usual wait times for a car to arrive
What’s the full event day timeline?
Times will be consistent across all three shows and are as follows:
- 12:30 p.m. – Stadium parking lots and drop-off lots open
- 12:30 p.m. – Merchandise area in Lot E opens (show ticket required for entry)
- 3:30 p.m. – Coach USA Bus service from NYC Port Authority begins
- 4:07/4:17 p.m. – NJ Transit rail service from Secaucus begins
- 4:30 p.m. – All gates open/Merch stands inside stadium open
- 6:30 p.m. – Concert begins
- 10 p.m. – Pick-up lots open
And with that being said, we hope all you Swifties have an Enchanted time at her show! Sing at the top of your lungs for us!
Information via MetLife Stadium’s Twitter.