Typically, the Grammy Awards are held at LA’s Staples Center, but this will be the fourth time in the event’s history that it will take place in New York City! On Sunday, Jan. 28 the 60th Annual Grammy Awards will be hosted at Madison Square Garden.
That said, you can assume the city will be hectic this weekend.
There will definitely be plenty of parties and celeb sightings over the next few days but more importantly, there will be road closures to watch out for. Beginning Sunday afternoon, if you plan on making your way around the city you’ll want to steer clear of these streets, according to the Department of Transportation:
“The following streets will be closed at the discretion of NYPD for the 60th Annual Grammy Awards as permitted by NYPD.”
- Area bounded by 34th Street on the North, 8th Avenue on the West
- 28th Street on the South, 7th Avenue on the East (All inclusive)
- 7th Avenue between 34th Street and 42nd Street
- 34th Street between 7th Avenue and 6th Avenue
- 33rd Street between 7th Avenue and 6th Avenue
- 32nd Street between 7th Avenue and 6th Avenue
- 31th Street between 7th Avenue and 6th Avenue
featured image source: By Anthony Quintano [CC BY 2.0], via Wikimedia Commons