Whether you moved here a while ago, or you’re NYC born and raised, these are all the things that unite us. How many of these “real New Yorker” statuses apply to you? If none, or only a few, just wait a few years, they will.
1. You’ve fallen asleep on the subway and missed your stop.
2. You cut in half the “Google Maps” estimated walking time.
3. Multitasking: Walking to work, eating your breakfast, catching up with the latest stories on SecretNYC… All at the same time!
4. An apartment with more than one bathroom feels like the Taj Mahal.
5. Squirrels and pigeons are wildlife to you.
6. You don’t drive.
7. You are completely oblivious to sirens, horns honking and construction sounds.
8. The Coffee-Cart man is the real MVP.
9. Despite being surrounded by hundreds of places to eat, it takes you hours of walking around to decide what you want to eat.
10. Waiting for the “Walk” light is only for heavy traffic.
11. The beggars on the subway don’t even register on your radar.
12. You know what “It’s brick out” means.
13. Whenever you leave the city, you can’t sleep because it’s too dark/quiet.
Featured image source: [news]