For its second year, Marta’s Dueling Pizzas series is returning!
“Marta is a lively restaurant from Chef Joe Tarasco, inspired by the tradition of rustic Roman pizzerie, the local haunts that churn out thin, crackly-crusted pizzas into the late hours of the evening.”
Located in The Redbury Hotel at 29 East 29 St, the Dueling Pizzas program at Marta features a rotating lineup of guest chefs creating their own pizzas for a collaborative, multi-course dinner series. The omakase-style tasting menu will be offered at the restaurant’s pizza counter, and will feature multiple samplings of pizzas (chef’s choice, of course). The specialty menu will also include an amuse-bouche, an aperitivo, special off-menu bites, and a dessert.
The full Dueling Pizzas lineup is as follows:
- Monday, June 4th: Matt Hyland, Emily
- Monday, July 9th: Suzanne Cupps, Untitled
- Monday, August 6th: Ashley Rath, The Grill
- Monday, August 27th: Alex Raij, Txikito, El Quinto Pino, La Vara, Tekoa
- Monday, September 24th: Aaron Israel and Sawako Okochi, Shalom Japan
The chefs will be on a monthly rotation and reservations can be made through Resy. Seating for the series will take place at 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. on the select nights listed above.
featured image source: Facebook / Marta