New food hall and marketplace Olly Olly Market bringing together Michelin star chefs, craft cocktails, and a coffee bar opened in NYC’s Starrett-Lehigh Building on Wednesday, October 26.
The first NYC project for Chicago-based hospitality group 16” On Center, this 17,000-square-foot space serves as a gathering place for those in the Chelsea neighborhood. Guests can dine on meals from both up-and-coming local chefs and internationally recognized chefs, sip cocktails at the market’s two cocktail bars led by award-winning Julia Momosé, and get their caffeine fix at the coffee bar.
Some vendors include:
- DdoBar by Joomak Banjum – an interactive chef’s counter and to-go menu of customizable Yubu and Korean Inari pockets
- Pen’n’Coop – a new fast-casual Italian Rotisserie and street food concept
- Pizza Friendly Pizza – originating in Chicago serving up sicilian-style pan pizzas
- Ploo – Mexican street food classics and beloved regional preparations from around Mexico
- Forsyth Fire Escape – home of the popular scallion pancake burrito
- Boy Blue Coffee & Goods – coffee, tea, fresh juices, pastries, grab-and-go items, and more
The focal point of the marketplace is Bar Avant which can seat 82 people between its bar and tables. A second hidden bar called Apres serves as the perfect spot for private events, and a 5,000-square-foot exhibition space which can accommodate up to 500 people will be the host of future plans including concerts, fashion shows, installations, and more. It’s currently featuring the “Jean-Michael Basquiat: King Pleasure’’ exhibit.
The space is tied together by several art pieces throughout, including a massive installation made of sculpted wood by Chicago-based artist Juan Angel Chávez, multimedia art pieces by fine artist Jeremiah Jones, and a tilework mural by Tre’ and Matt Jorgensen of C’mon Home at the entrance.
“Olly Olly comes from the children’s phrase ‘Olly Olly Oxen Free’ used in childhood games like chase or hide and seek,” says Bruce Finkelman, Managing Partner of 16” on Center. “Typically followed by the call to action ‘Come out! Come out! Wherever you are!’ a phrase that we think encompasses the fun, excitement, and welcomeness we want our marketplace to embody. After coming out of the pandemic we are excited to open Olly Olly to bring people together and create that sense of community we all have been missing.”
Olly Olly Market is located at 601 W. 26th Street and will be open Monday-Friday 7a.m. – 7p.m.
Learn more on their website here.