No matter how long you’ve lived here, there are some things that you’ll just never figure out. Here are all the questions you’ll probably never get answers to:
1. What if the F train needs to get re-routed? Where does it go?
2. Where exactly is the train’s dispatcher and what does he look like? (So I can punch him in the face next time I see him)
3. How does a cop on a horse arrest someone?
4. How many valuables fall through sewer grates every year?
5. Was the woman in front of you at the coffee shop actually Anne Hathaway or just a look-alike?
6. Where did black squirrels come from? Are they mutants?
7. What did the breakdancers do at the beginning of the routine?
8. Where does Fever find all of its events?
9. When it rains do all the sewer rats drown?
10. Whatever happened to your shirt that you lost on New Year’s?
11. If there’s a natural disaster, how do 3 million people evacuate from Manhattan?
12. Do old subway trains go to a junk yard?
13. With all the traffic it gets, how does the bathroom in Macy’s stay clean?
15. Who has time to create so many spam Craigslist posts?
16. Does breathing this polluted air shorten your lifespan?
17. Why does anyone ever leave New York?
Cover photo credit: Flickr Creative Commons