The annual Great New York State Fair is set to return later this month and we’ve got all the scoop you need know! This year, the fair is going to be better than ever with exhilarating rides, adorable farm animals, and tons of big-name performers! If you’re looking for the perfect weekend getaway, plan your trip now with the info below!
Where is the Great New York State Fair?
The Great New York State Fair takes place in Syracuse, NY on the The New York State Fairgrounds. It is about a 5 hour drive from New York City.
When is the Great New York State Fair?
This year’s Great New York State Fair runs from Wednesday, August 23 through Labor Day, Monday, September 4. The operating hours of the Fair are 9 am – 11 pm daily, except for 9/4 where it will close at 9 pm.
How can I get Great New York State Fair tickets?
Daily admission tickets to the New York State Fair can be purchased online only prior to arrival for $6. Children 12 and under and seniors 65+ are free every day of the Fair. Parking vouchers for $10 in Fair lots are also available online.
What concerts are coming to the New York State Fair in 2023?
The Great New York State fair welcomes a star-studded lineup each year to its two stages, Chevy Court and the Suburban Park Stage. This year’s lineup of NYS Fair concerts include Salt-N-Pepa, REO Speedwagon, Ludacris, Tyler Hubbard of Florida Georgia Line, Quinn XCII, George Thorogood and The Destroyers, Chubby Checker, Bret Michaels, The Fray, Matt Stell, and more. Check out the full Chevy Court lineup and Suburban Park lineup now.
What attractions will be at this year’s Fair?
Attractions change daily, however, some upcoming ones to look forward to include:
(NEW) Dinosaur Expedition – Go back in time as 60+ lifesize dinosaurs roar around the Exposition Center. From mammoths to T-rexs, you can enjoy photo ops, selfie spots, dinosaur dance parties, fossil digs, and more with this interactive experience!
(NEW) The Groovy Guy – “Groovy” Guy Collin brings his juggling act seen on The Travel Channel to the NYS Fair from 8/23-28.
(NEW) Lady Houdini – Escape artist Lady Houdini brings her jaw-dropping skills via daily shows at 3 pm and 7 pm daily.
(NEW) Rock-It The Robot – A new 9-foot galactic giant will interact, dance, and converse with Fair visitors 3x a day!
Team Sandtastic Sand Sculpture – Watch as 180 tons of sand (360,000 pounds) gets turned into a stunning themed sand sculpture.
The Butterizer – Superimpose your face on a bust made of butter.
Sea Lion Splash – Revel in a splash-tastic sea lion performance.
Steve Trash, Eco-Magician – Mixing comedy, music, and magic, Steve Trash is a triple threat entertainer.Check out all of NYS Fair’s 2023 attractions here!
What food vendors are at the NYS Fair in 2023?
Explore tons of returning and new food vendors from the New York State and across the nation. Some highlights include:
- Omani’s Lemonade Heaven
- Syracuse Suds Factory
- KiKi’s Authentic Greek Food
- Skippy’s Ice Cream
- The Baked Potato Express
- Nancy’s Fried Dough
What competitions are coming to the NYS Fair?
The Great New York State Fair is the annual coming together for some of the best state-wide competitions. Thousands of participants flock from all over to enter these competitions spanning from culinary to fine arts to photography to livestock and beyond. In search of cash prizes and coveted blue ribbons, check out what competitions are coming this year:
- Various Horse Shows
- Antique Tractors
- Various Livestock
- Flower Show
See more contests to enter here.
Are there special Fair days this year?
There are! Check out the full schedule below:
- Wednesday, August 23, 2023: Opening Day
- Thursday, August 24, 2023: Student Youth Day & Agriculture Career Day (Youth and Students under 18 years of age are admitted free on this day. ID showing date of birth may be requested.
- Friday, August 25, 2023: Pride Day & New Americans Day
- Monday, August 28, 2023: Law Enforcement Day (Free admission to any active or retired law enforcement or corrections personnel who present a badge or picture ID from the department from which they are employed.)
- Tuesday, August 29, 2023: Fire & Rescue Day & Beef Day (Free admission to any active or retired fire department or emergency services organization member with a picture ID from that department or organization.)
- Wednesday, August 30, 2023: Women’s Day
- Thursday, August 31, 2023: Armed Forces Day, Dairy Day & Stomp Out Stigma Day (free admission to any active duty or veteran with military identification (Military ID Card, form DD-214 or NYS Driver License, Learner Permit or non-driver ID card with a veteran designation)).
- Friday, September 1, 2023: Native Americans Day (Members of Native American tribes receive free admission on this day. ID is not required.)
- Saturday, September 2, 2023: Apple Day
- Monday, September 4, 2023: Labor Day (Last day)