To ease the burden, we’ve put together a list of 25 of the top events happening this year in NYC!
Here are the plans that stood out most to us, and scroll down for a more all-encompassing list of restaurant specials at the end!
Let’s ring in 2022 with a bang.
*As NYC goes through another surge of this pandemic, please check to make sure businesses on this list are open and follow any safety protocols. As a note, the city requires proof of full vaccination for indoor dining and activities, and encourages residents to get their booster shots to protect themselves against the Omicron variant. Stay safe, New York.*
1. Have a luxurious NYE at Hudson Yards
Revel in NYE extravagance at the Queensyard restaurant (which overlooks the stunning Hudson Yard’s Vessel, glowing at night). This three-part event, which takes place on multiple levels of the Shops at Hudson Yards, includes a succulent four-course dinner while live music plays in the background, followed by an immersive holiday path to discover a winter speakeasy with a stunning live show. Dance the rest of the night away and toast to the new year at the gala, offering a live band at the speakeasy, or a live DJ set if you’re down to seriously party. A fun and complete night to kick off the new year!
2. Combine jazz & ping pong at SPiN NYC, Flatiron
This is quite an interesting combo — but we’re not mad about it! Grab a paddle and play ping pong at SPiN, and enjoy a NYE party thrown by the founder of NYC’s iconic Jazz Age Lawn Party. His six-person band will be playing live through the evening, and you can play ping pong for as long as you’d like. Full bar and food menu available for purchase.
3. Ring in the New Year out on the waters of NYC
Catch spectacular views while you admire the firework displays on these NYE cruises around the city.
- New Year’s Eve Weekend Firework Cruise: Including 2 full cash bars and 2 floors of live music
- The #1 NYC New Year’s Eve Fireworks Boat Party Cruise on the Destiny Yacht: A 3-hour cruise of New York Harbor with captivating views of the Manhattan skyline, live DJ sets playing all styles of music, and an available buffet with drinks served to your table
- Ring in the New Year Party Cruise in NYC: Enjoy hors d’oeuvres, a standard open bar, beer and wine, plus a complimentary champagne toast at midnight while an onboard DJ plays hits all night.
4. Celebrate being single for the New Year, Garment District
This NYE singles party will have your ringing in the year with fellow New Yorkers looking for a midnight kiss. Enjoy a one-hour open bar and complimentary appetizers, DJs spinning music all night long, and icebreaker games so you can get to know everyone else partying across two floors across Stitch Lounge!
Cozy up in your own winter cabin with incredible views of the skyline, and indulge in buckets of bubbly, craft cocktails and a delicious cuisine at Pier 17’s winter makeover of The Greens. Five reservation slots are available throughout the day: 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., 12:45-2:30 p.m., 3-5 p.m., 6-8 p.m., or 9 p.m.-1 a.m.–each.
One of NYC’s hottest new nightlife openings is hosting a New Year’s Eve bash as magical as its fairytale decor. It includes a 4.5-hour premium open bar (from 8-12:30 p.m.), special 2022 NYE countdown with panoramic views of the New York skyline and fireworks, and a complimentary champagne toast at midnight with live theatrical immersive performers and NYE Party favors — all across its two level indoor/outdoor space. And there are even private igloos you can reserve on the rooftop!
NYC’s newest hotel — the Margaritaville Resort in Times Square — is hosting an amazing New Year’s Eve party, which as you can guess has incredible views of the iconic ball drop! At the Margaritaville Restaurant enjoy live DJ, premium open bar, food, and a midnight toast.
8. New Year’s Eve Masquerade Night at Loreley Beer Garden, Lower East Side
Throw on a mask (no, not that kind) for this NYE Masquerade at the decked-out Loreley Beer Garden. With a free Champagne toast at midnight for the ball drop and no cover all night, and a NYE Happy Hour 12 p.m. – 10 p.m. with $2 off select holiday cocktails, $2 off select beers on draft & select wines by the glass, and $15 select 1 liter steins, it’s the perfect choice. They’ll also give out masquerade masks starting at 8 p.m., but if you bring your own you get a free beer!
10. 70s-inspired party at Bandits, Greenwich Village
Travel back to another decade at this groovy ’70s party at the retro-inspired Bandits in Greenwich Village, called “All That Glitters Is Gold.” Enjoy a three-course prix-fixe menu, with dishes that feature a modern take on old school diner and dive classics, along with a champagne toast and additional cocktail pairing from 5-10 p.m. Then after dinner, tap into an open bar and champagne toast at midnight.
11. “A Night at The Grand Café” at NYC’s photography museum, Flatiron
Though Fotografiska’s old-world European cafe Verōnika closed during the pandemic, it’s reopening for one night only on New Year’s Eve! Soaring ceilings, gold-toned lighting, a lively atmosphere, and of course, world-class art, combined with live music by the Grammy-nominated JC Hopkins and his 10-piece band, passed canapés, and a champagne toast at midnight. And festive cocktail attire is requested!
Later in the night there will even be a “high-voltage dance party” on the sixth floor loft and the Patron members-only Chapel Bar masquerade Fête.
12. “Midnight Magic Party” at the Magic Hour Rooftop , Midtown
Think pink this New Year’s! Celebrate at the Pink Winter Lodge at the Moxy Times Square’s brilliant pink rooftop with an open bar from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. and champagne toast at midnight. And don’t forget the Bubbles & Bling ($155) option with Moet Champagne with flutes and rock candy served table-side!Find out more here.
13. No cover at Nina’s x Liquid Lab, SoHo
Nina’s x Liquid Lab, a brand new cocktail lounge located inside the chic NoMo SoHo Hotel, will host a New Year’s Eve bash from 10 p.m. – 2 a.m. with no cover needed. The famous craft cocktail team Liquid Lab NYC has created a living gallery featuring the craft of art inspired cocktails. Party goers can indulge in unlimited bubbles all night for $150, an open bar with well drinks for $200 and tables with bottle service start at $750+
14. A night at NOIR, Meatpacking
Ring in the New Year dancing the year away at NOIR (357 W. 16th St.) in the Meatpacking District from 9 p.m. – 4 a.m. General admission and VIP tickets include a 4-hour premium cocktail reception, passed hors d’oeuvres and lite bites, and a midnight champagne toast as well as access to both floors of this fabulous NYC supperclub. Each floor will feature a DJ with performers and dancers to make for an amazing night to remember.
15-25. Other special restaurant deals to take note of:
- The Ainsworth, East Village: 5-hour open bar and complimentary early evening passed hors d’ouvres. $199. Get tickets here
- 48 Lounge, Midtown: 5-hour unlimited premium open bar 1.5 hours of passed exquisitely curated shared plate, complimentary champagne toast at midnight, live stream of the Times Square Ball Drop, live entertainment. Starting at $148. Tickets here.
- Hidden Lane, Union Square: 4-hour open bar with premium cocktails. (9 p.m. – 1 a.m.), and countdown to the New Year with everyone there and toast with a complimentary glass of champagne. $60. Get tickets here.
- Hudson Station, Midtown: Enjoy a Caribbean themed New Years Eve Party with 1 hour open bar and champagne toast for only $45. Get tickets here.
- Rebel Cafe & Garden, Brooklyn: 5-hour premium open bar (9 p.m. – 2 a.m.), plus a complimentary midnight Champagne toast and a unique venue with a garden and tropical vibes. Starting at $70. Tickets are here.
- Wicked Willy’s, Greenwich Village: 3-hour open bar with premium cocktails. (9 p.m. – 12 a.m.), countdown to the New Year with a toast with a complimentary champagne, disco-themed party with plenty of dancing. $90. Get tickets here.
- Ammos Estiatorio, Midtown: 3-hour open bar with premium cocktails. (9 p.m. – 12 a.m., select ticket at purchase), count down to the New Year while watching a ball drop and toast with a complimentary glass of champagne, celebrate in Times Square in the heart of it all. Starting at $50. Tickets here.
- Tasca, Upper West Side: The Spanish, Latin-Caribbean restaurant will be hosting a number of New Years’ Eve festivities including an exclusive four-course tasting menu with seatings at 6 pm for $85 and 9 pm for $95. Complimentary glasses of champagne will be available for diners of each seating to toast in the New Year! Adding to the festive atmosphere, Tasca’s downstairs dining room will feature a live DJ from 9 p.m. – 1 a.m., spinning with a flare of Latin music as well as other genres. Find out more here.
- Daintree, Midtown: This rooftop & lounge has unbelievable views of the Empire State Building. Dance the night away with a live DJ, passed hors d’oeuvres, a champagne toast and fireworks at midnight. Tickets begin at $95 & doors open at 9 p.m. More here.
- Arlo SoHo: Arlo Soho is transporting their entire hotel into a New Year’s Even multi-floor extravaganza! With different experiences
throughout the spaces, including a DJ Set, Dancers, Top Shelf Open Bar, Small Bites and other surprises, guests will have full access to the new craft cocktail bar Foxtail, Art SoHo on the Rooftop and The Courtyard at Lindens for an unforgettable night. Starting at $150. More here.
- Miss Lily’s, East Village & SoHo: Miss Lily’s 7A and Soho locations will be offering a 4-course prix fixe menu ($85/pp) complete with a champagne toast and an optional add-on for a 2-hour unlimited drinks package ($50/pp). The Soho location will have a late-night DJ set starting at 9 p.m., while the 7A location will host DJ Lion Dub from 10 p.m. until 4 a.m. More here.