With 2023 around the corner, it’s time to already start thinking about your plans of how to ring in the new year. Luckily NYC is no short of options, thanks to our rooftop bars, electric nightclubs, great restaurants, and so much more. If you and your friends are still looking for something to do, we’ve got your back. These are the hottest parties and events you should be attending on December 31st.
Spend the final day of 2022 at the final day of Santa’s Secret, a sexy and raunchy speakeasy that includes drinks, performances, and immersive holiday experiences. If you’re looking for that one last holiday celebration before January, we suggest grabbing a ticket before they’re gone!
📍 Hudson Yards
What was on your Spotify Wrapped this year? Harry Styles or maybe even Taylor Swift? At this stunning candlelit concert, you’ll get a performance of all of 2022’s greatest hits performed by an orchestra. Plus, there will be fireworks, hors d’oeuvres, and an afterparty.
📍 Wave Resort – 110 Ocean Ave N, Long Branch, NJ
Ring in the New Year at 48 Lounge, where a ticket will grant you a 2 hour open bar and elevated small plate. This spot’s dazzling cocktails, finely curated wine and champagne list, and exquisite chef-driven menu makes this one of our favorite spots for both a party and small bite!
📍 1221 6th Ave
Enjoy a 4-hour premium open bar at Space 54 as you party to the best hits brought to you by the top DJs in NYC. Their illuminating LED wall is the perfect backdrop to dance the night away, and tickets start at only $25.
📍 226 E 54th St
5. New Year’s Eve at Edge
The highest outdoor observation deck in NYC, Edge is hosting a NYE event that includes miraculous skyline views and cocktails. With admission, you’re welcomed to enjoy the indoor and outdoor sky deck with 360° views of New York City while you sip on 3 glasses of champagne and light bites. Plus, they’ll have a live DJ playing music all night long.
📍 30 Hudson Yards
6. NYE at Wiggle Room
Our love for Wiggle Room is well documented by now, and for NYE this year they are hosting a party with an open bar and DJ sets. Dance under squiggly LED lights while DJs Babybro and Ben Baker spin the ones and twos all night. Plus, enjoy one of their cocktail highlights curated by beverage director Will Krepop, which includes Hot Lava (milagro tequila, ayuk pasilla, pineapple, toasted sesame, lime, and hot honey) and the Slam Dunk Disco (ilegal mezcal, el tesoro reposado tequila, aveze, white miso, banana, apricot).
📍 9 Avenue A
7. New York, New York 2023 at The Roxy Hotel
This 70’s inspired NYC Ball Drop will feature famed Bronx-born filmmaker Abel Ferrara and his band Flyz, as well as DJ sets by Nina Tarr, Erik Tonnesen, and OBaH (Oldskool Beats and Harmonies). Premium bars will be serving champagne and other drinks all night, and different tiers of hors d’oeuvres, cocktails, and bottles will be offered too. Dressing up is also highly encouraged!
📍 2 6th Ave
8. Live Jazz at The Django
Jazz musician Benny Benack III and his quartet will be the stars of the show at The Django this NYE. There will be two shows, one at 7:30 pm ($45 minimum per person on drinks/a la carte menu) and a 10:30 pm show that runs late (includes four-course tasting menu at $250 per person). Head here if you have jazz hands!
📍 2 6th Ave (Cellar under Roxy Hotel)
9. DEG Presents: Gordo NYE 2023 at Brooklyn Hangar
For our dance music friends, we have to offer Gordo’s Brooklyn Hangar takeover as a valid option. Featuring larger than life decor, he’ll be serving up an extended set of house and techno music all the way through midnight and beyond! This 15,000 square foot dance floor is quickly cementing itself as one of the best dance venues in NYC.
📍 2 52nd St, Brooklyn
10. Roaring 20s New Years Eve Party at Daintree
Daintree is one of our favorite winter rooftops in NYC, and it’s a great spot to spend NYE this year too. This year’s Roaring 20s New Years Eve Party will feature access to the best views of NYC’s skyline, an open bar (9 pm – 12 am), live brass music and DJ, hors d’oeuvres, and a complimentary midnight Champagne toast! Dress to impress in your ’20s attire at this rooftop extravaganza.
📍 25 W 38th St, Floor 29
11. The Book Of The Forbidden New Years Eve Celebration 2022 at Somewhere Nowhere
This event features live music from DJ Spade, live theatrical performances, and an exclusive fireworks display to kickoff the New Year festivities. Attendees will be able to enjoy an open bar all night, starting at 8 pm.
📍 112 W 25th St
12. Warhol Ball at Georgia Room
This full-on Andy Warhol immersive experience and party will take over the Freehand Hotel’s three spaces (across Bar Calico, the connecting Studio, and Georgia Room) on NYE to celebrate 2023. Guests can frolic in the sprawling Studio, dance in Georgia Room to the DJ’s, and enjoy a hush-hush reprieve in Bar Calico for specialty craft cocktails and an intimate aura of backroom bacchanal. There will of course be an open bar and hors d’oeuvres.
📍 23 Lexington Ave, Floor 2
Greenpoint’s Ponyboy is hosting a New Year’s eve bash full of drinks, disco, and dancing this year. Guests can sip on the ever-popular Forgetmenot (Ilegal Mezcal, watermelon, ginger, lime jalapeño, matcha salt rim) while dancing to genre-bending live music performances and disco-infused DJ sets.
📍 632 Manhattan Ave, Brooklyn
14. The Midnight Ball at The McKittrick Hotel
This one-night-only soirée at The McKittrick recommends guests to dress in high style and join their “escapist fantasy.” Of course there will be dreamy cocktails, dancing, performances, and so much more across the hotel. This is arguably one of the best NYE events in NYC this year.
📍 530 W 27th St
15. Tavern on the Green
There are a few events scheduled for New Year’s Eve at Tavern on the Green on the Upper West Side. The highlight though is the late night Masquerade Party that features passed hors d’oevures, desserts, a premium open bar, live entertainment, midnight fireworks, and a champagne toast. If you’re up for a full night experience, they’re also offering a 5-course prix fixe Gala Dinner beforehand. This is strictly masquerade so you know it will be incredible.
📍 67th Street & Central Park West
16. The Highlight Room at Moxy LES
This breathtaking lounge not only offers skyline views, but also a 4 hour complimentary bar from 9 pm – 1 am, champagne toast at midnight, and hors d’oeuvres. Tickets and VIP tickets are available for this party.
📍 145 Bowery
If you’re looking for an NYC escape, we suggest Goosefeather in Westchester County. This restaurant will have a 3 hour open bar, DJ, and live music performance by the Hudson Horns. Late night snacks, party favors, and a midnight champagne toast will round out the night as the clock strikes zero.
📍 49 E Sunnyside Ln, Tarrytown, NY
18. Chapel Bar
This black-tie soirée tucked inside the social club in the Fotografiska might just be the formal celebration you’re craving going into 2023! Complete with a confetti champagne toast at midnight and a curated open bar of Chapel’s signature drinks, this fancy shindig is surely not to be missed.
📍 275 Park Ave S
19. Elsewhere New Years Eve at Elsewhere
To no surprise, one of our favorite places to dance, Elsewhere is throwing a NYE club night featuring a 4 hour set from Joe Kay, Aluna, and many more across their 3 different zones. Tickets to this show are still available now!
📍 599 Johnson Ave, Brooklyn
20. NYE Disco Party at Recreation
Last but not least on our list is Recreation, who’s hosting a retro disco party from 9 pm – 1 am. Hear music from DJ Lex and enjoy an open bar in partnership with Casamigos and Grey Goose. Be sure to snag one of Recreation’s famous disco ball bunch bowl that can serve a whole group (pictured above)!
📍 26 Ann St
Bonus: Looking For NYE Dinner Plans Instead? Check out our picks below!
- Lamia’s Fish Market: A special steak dinner with seafood and option to Surf and Turf it. Sommelier wine pairing also availble by request. Reservations at $85 per person.
- Amali: A one-of-a-kind Mediterranean food and drink dinner with a live DJ at 10 pm and an open bar after hours until 1 am.
- Juniper at The Vanderbilt: A four-course $125 prix-fixe menu including a large array of seafood dishes, a live DJ at 10 pm, and a bar open until 1 am.
- Balaboosta: Enjoy a Drag extravaganza She Show, complete with a live 3 piece band, special guest performers, and a curated four-course dinner, with vegetarian substitutions available upon request.
- Down & Out: Enjoy retro vibes, cocktails, and oysters at this East Village spot. There’s no cover, affordable drinks, and a free champagne toast at midnight.
- Loreley Beer Garden: This party/dinner mix is perfect for the best of both worlds. Enjoy a la carte options all night while you dance to music at the The New Year’s Eve Masquerade or relax in their heated beer garden.
- Gugu Room: Dinner a la carte will be offered from 5 pm until 9 pm (last reservation at 8:45pm), including all sorts of Filipino/Japanese dishes. Starting at 9 pm, a NYE party will commence with music and a champagne toast. There is a $20 cover after 9pm for the party.
- Market Table: A 3 course prix-fixe menu ($125) of meats and seafood curated by Chef Mike Price
- Mermaid Inn (Chelsea): A four-course prix-fixe dinner for $85 per person starting at 7 pm. Menu highlights include first- Wild Eye Big Tuna, Roasted Mediterranean Branzino, and Red Velvet Cupcake from Magnolia Bakery.