NYC’s Movies Under the Stars program brought free movie screenings to NYC residents this past summer, and they’re here to do it again with a Halloween twist. This month they set out to bring more than 150 film screenings to various parks and playgrounds throughout the five boroughs, and there’s still some time to catch one yourself…if you’re brave enough (though, most of them are family-friendly, so you shouldn’t get too spooked!)
The movies range from great new choices to all-time classics. The remaining schedule for the month is as follows:
- October 21 – Book of Life – Pool Deck in Highbridge Park (7p.m. – 9p.m.)
- October 22 – Where the Wild Things Are – Entrance at 155th St. and 32nd Ave. (6:15p.m. – 8:30p.m.)
- October 29 – Twitches – Herbert Von King Park (6p.m. – 7:30p.m.)
- October 29 – NOPE – Herbert Von King Park (7:30p.m. – 9:45p.m.)
- October 21 – Hocus Pocus – Lawn Area in Francis Lewis Park (6:15 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.)
- October 21 – Encanto – Gymnasium in Sorrentino Recreation Center (7p.m. – 9:30p.m.)
- October 28 – The Addams Family – Entrance at Colden St. and Elder Ave. in Kissena Corridor Park (6p.m. – 8:30p.m.)
- October 28 – The Addams Family 2 – Amphitheater in Playground 52 LII (6:30p.m. – 10p.m.)
- October 21 – Monsters University – Playground in Bloomingdale Park (6:15 p.m. – 9:15 p.m.)
- October 22 – Casper – Ballfields in Midland Field (6:15 p.m. – 9:15 p.m.)
- October 28 – Beetlejuice – Media Lab at 50 Bard Ave. (6p.m. – 9p.m.)
- October 29 – Coco – Outdoors at Faber Park Recreation Center in Faber Park (6p.m. – 9p.m.)
Reserved seating will be available for seniors and people with disabilities for each free movie screening, however all guests are welcome to bring their own food, chairs, and blankets to stay comfy during the movie.
Learn more about Movies Under the Stars at their website here.