We are currently looking for an NYC-based freelance videographer and motion graphics editor to join the Secret NYC team.
Working within a fun, dynamic and fast-growing start-up, this new role provides an excellent opportunity for a freelance videographer to showcase their skills to a large and highly engaged audience. We’re looking for someone who can create fizzy, distinctive videos about NYC life, by combining motion graphics and self-shot video.
Fever and the Secret Media Network were founded to help people find the best things to do in their city. We started in Spain and have grown fast. We’re now in New York, London, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia, Seville, Málaga, and Bilbao, with more cities coming soon.
- Attendance at various locations every week to shoot experiential videos e.g. openings, events, pop-up experiences
- Edit a wide range of social media videos; unscripted and scripted, using both original and archival footage; including branded content
- Quickly assemble edits and proactively experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions
- Create a polished final edit with coloring, sound mix and captions to be published on social channels
- Showreel and portfolio of previous work
- Bachelor’s degree or similar in Design, Film, Communication or related field
- Experience with scripted and unscripted web content
- Proven experience in working on professional-quality video
- Fluent in English with confidence in writing write video copy
- Keen interest in latest trends in social media and digital video platforms
- Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Ability to work independently with a team
- Willingness to work outside office hours when necessary, and to tight deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop and Media Encoder
- Comfortable creating video and still imagery using digital cameras (Sony Alpha series, GoPro, iPhone, etc.)
- Motion graphics and titling experience
- Confidence in ability to create diverse video formats such as cinemagraphs, gifs and typographical animation
- Knowledge of digital media including codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates and the latest digital workflows
- Understanding of basic color-correction within Premiere
- Understanding of basic sound design and mixing within Premiere and Audition
To apply, email us with the subject line ‘Videographer application’, including CV and links to previous work (showreel, portfolio, etc) to firstname.lastname@example.org.