The L.A. Times Coast to Coast event, presented by City National Bank, is breaking down boundaries and building culinary bonds between notorious city rivals, NYC and L.A., with their epic bicoastal tasting event this May.
For one night only, top chefs from the L.A. Times 101 Best Restaurants list will showcase their talents in NYC, alongside some of NYC’s highest acclaimed restaurants and industry leads to promote bicoastal culinary appreciation.
“L.A. Times Coast to Coast, presented by City National Bank” will return for its third rendition on Wednesday, May 9 from 7:30-9:30 p.m. at The Lighthouse, Chelsea Piers (Pier 61).
From L.A., expect heavy-hitters like:
- Headliner and Michelin Star Chef Nancy Silverton of Pizzeria Mozza (one of country’s best pizzerias).
- An exciting collaboration between L.A.’s Damian and NYC’s Cosme for culinary creations showcasing California’s rich connection to Mexico.
- Chef Wes Avila of the award-winning Angry Egret Dinette, KA’TEEN, and Guerrilla Tacos, giving NYC a taste of Alta California cuisine.
- #2 on the L.A. Times 101 Best Restaurants list, Anajak Thai.
- Iconic kabobs cooked over an open fire from family-run restaurant, Mini Kabob.
- Central Texas-style barbecue delicacies that also acknowledege SoCal culture from Heritage Barbecue.
And from NYC, there will be renowned chefs and restaurants including:
- 2021 Michelin Star recipient, Rezdôra NYC, serving unforgettable house-made pasta.
- An exclusive collaboration between NYC’s Taiwanese restaurant and bakery Win Son and L.A.’s Anajak Thai (winner of the L.A. Times 2022 Restaurant of the Year).
- Kolomon, for the perfect blend of Parisian creativity with Viennese tradition.
- Specialty French viennoiseries from Lafayette, famous on TikTok for their “Suprême” croissants.
- Chef Sungchul Shim of Mari, who highlights Korean hand rolls as the restaurant’s focal offering.
Remember this is only a small taste of the talent – there are plenty more participating!
You can grab tickets to “Coast to Coast” on the L.A. Times website here. They are all-inclusive, featuring bites from all chefs, plus spirits, wine and more.
🕑 Tuesday, May 9th – 7:30 – 9:30pm (VIP Entry at 7pm)
📍The Lighthouse, Chelsea Piers