October has just begun, and while everyone else is looking ahead to Halloween, we are living in the now and planning this weeks activities. Here are the top 5 things-to-do in the city that will please foodies, thespians, chocoholics and everyone in between. Enjoy:
- Terminal Stores – The Waterfront NY – 269 Eleven Avenue, Manhattan, 10001
- Entry – Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am until 1:30 pm & 2:30 pm until 7:00 pm.
- Price – $36
Regular SecretNYC readers will remember we covered this event last week. The Big Chocolate Show NYC is 2 day festival dedicated to the finest, most delicious chocolate the world has to offer. Meet the greatest chocolatiers, artisans, chefs and pastry chefs from around the world. Discover exceptional chocolate creations, attend live demonstrations, classes and chocolate pairings.
- Stand Up NYC – 236 West 78th Street, 10024
- Entry – Monday to Saturday 8:00 pm
- Price – $15
There’s no better stand up than at Stand Up NY. Since 1986, this comedy club has kept New Yorkers laughing with sets from some of the brightest in the business like Amy Schumer, Artie Lange and Aziz Ansari, rightfully landing it the title of the “incubator of stand-up nobility” by New York Magazine.
- SoHo Playhouse – 15 Vandam Street, Manhattan, 10013
- Performance – Thursday from 7:00 pm until 10:00 pm
- Price – $39
This ambitious show sweeps audiences along a 10,000-year journey through the history of spirits and cocktails and across the globe! The Imbible treats audiences to a completely original, sometimes musical, and thoroughly enjoyable evening of theater utterly unlike anything they’ve ever experienced. Don’t miss this critically-acclaimed new show!
- The Regal NYC – 163 Hope Street, Brooklyn, 11211
- Entry – Thursday 9:00 pm until 12:00 am
- Price – $17
Come to the Regal in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, and uncork a unique night of music. Bring a vinyl record and the friendly staff will play it and give you a free cocktail while you listen..pretty sweet! The Regal, with its signature relaxed yet modern twist on the diner-cocktail bar, this is one of Brooklyn’s best kept secrets.
- Fatty Fish Restaurant – 406 E 64th Street, Manhattan, 10065
- Entry – Saturday and Sunday, Brunch + Unlimited Mimosas from 11:00 am until 3:00 pm
- Price – $25
Fatty Fish is a highly rated Michelin recommended Asian-Inspired American restaurant located in Manhattan’s Upper East Side known for its innovative cuisine. If you’re going to head out for only one dinner, make sure it’s here. Whether it’s the high cuisine brunch, or the unlimited mimosas, this is the perfect recipe for good-times.
Featured image source [flytographer]