The wondrous Harry Potter: A Forbidden Forest Experience opens on October 22 and tickets are vanishing quickly to this limited-time event. Located at Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park in Westchester County, (the Taconic State Parkway entrance) which is about an hour and a half from NY! So you might be wondering how to get there.
Pro Tip: There are charter buses available to the event from Parking Lot 5 at FDR State Park!
Here are three batches of options for your trip to the world of Harry Potter: A Forbidden Forest Experience.
Train & Cab Combo
1. Metro North from Grand Central
Located at 42nd Street and Park Avenue in Midtown Manhattan, Grand Central Terminal offers Metro North service which gives travelers some varied options. On average, the Metro North ride below ranges from a 30-50 minute train commute. But there is no direct train service so you will need to hop in a cab/rideshare from the train station.
- One of the most comprehensive ways to get there is taking Metro North to Peekskill or White Plains and then a 25-minute cab to FDR State Park.
- Or, take Metro North on the Hudson Line toward 847 Poughkeepsie and get off at Croton-Harmon. You can then take a 20-minute cab from the station.
- Lastly, take Metro North to Pleasantville and then hop in a cab for about a 30-minute ride.
By Rideshare or Car
2. Car Directions
- You can also take a car/cab from Midtown, with the drive ranging between 60 and 80 minutes depending on traffic. One route is via NY-9A North, Saw Mill River Parkway North and Taconic State Parkway (this option has tolls).
- Or, to avoid the tolls (but might have more traffic), travel via the I-87 North and Taconic State Parkway.
One of the smoothest commutes to Harry Potter: A Forbidden Forest Experience is by car. Even though the rideshare option is one of the more expensive, it could be the most convenient for groups.
- In the Uber/Lyft app, type in “FDR State Park, 2957 Crompton Rd, Yorktown Heights.” If riding with an Uber/Lyft or other rideshare, it takes a little over an hour and can cost about $150 from Midtown.
- Leaving from 125th street in Harlem or Yankee Stadium in The Bronx can shave off commuting time by at least 20 minutes and costs about $25.
Weekend Getaway: Places To Stay
Why not make a weekend trip out of your adventure to Harry Potter: A Forbidden Forest? There are a few cozy Inns and Bed and Breakfast properties a couple of miles away from the event. Some notable spots to lay your head after a magic-filled day include:
- Holiday Inn Express in Peekskill
- Hotel MTK, Mout Kisco
- The Abbey Inn & Spa in Peekskill
- Journey Inn Bed & Breakfast
- Le Petit Chateau Inn
- Roosevelt Inn of Hyde Park
All are less than a couple of miles from FDR State Park!
No matter which way you’re coming from, you can type in Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park, 2957 Crompond Road Yorktown Heights, New York or “Harry Potter: Forbidden Forest,” into Google Maps. *(Be sure it says FDR State Park Pool to drop you off closer to the experience).