Time to grab your dancing shoes–a three week dance party is salsa dancing its way to Bryant Park, and all you have to do is walk up and join the party!
The dance party has been a Midtown tradition since 2014. Now in its ninth year, it will take over Bryant Park with a variety of in-person dance events throughout the first three weeks of May.
The best part–it’s completely free!
Each of the six programs will incorporate dance instruction, live music, and dancing and will take place every Wednesday and Thursday between May 3 and May 18. Attendees will first learn basic steps with expert instructors at 6p.m. before testing out their new moves to live music from 7p.m. – 8:30p.m.
The dance party schedule is as follows:
- Wed, 5/3 – NYC’s signature brand of salsa dura with La Excelencia
- Thurs, 5/4 – Argentinian tango with Latin Grammy-winning bassist Pedro Giraudo
- Wed, 5/10 – Andean Afro-cumbia with 2022 Latin Grammy-nominated Afro-Andean Funk ft. Araceli Poma & Matt Geraghty
- Thurs, 5/11 – Harlem-style Swing dance with Charenée Wade’s Band of Swing
- Wed, 5/17 – Bachata tradicional with hometown hero Valerio
- Thurs, 5/18 – Salsa’s greatest hits with Santiago y la Orquesta
“In curating this program, I have taken a great deal of effort to intentionally show the diversity of the city’s sound and motion with representatives of Andean Afro-cumbia, Argentinian tango, traditional old school salsa dura, contemporary salsa, modern bachata, and Harlem swing. If you’re a fan of any of those styles or just curious to learn more, Bryant Park will be the place for you this summer,” says producer and host Talia Castro-Pozo.
The series is completely open to the public and no reservations are required. Just put on your dancing shoes and get ready to merengue the night away–all ages are welcome!
Learn more about the dance party and the performers here.