The eighth annual BRIC JazzFest is bringing together legends, rising stars, and emerging artists to Downtown Brooklyn–a jazz aficionado’s dream!
Taking place Thursday, October 20 to Saturday, October 22, this acclaimed musical festival is one of BRIC’s premiere performing arts programs.
Spanning across two stages, this year’s lineup features acclaimed vocalists, tap dance artists, Brooklyn-based composers, and trumpet sensations–among many other talented musicians.
Each artist pushes the boundaries of the jazz genre, some through the influence of hip hop and others through their own personal musical style.
A glance at each day’s lineup includes:
- Lizz Wright – acclaimed vocalist
- Joel Ross & Parables – Brooklyn-based vibraphonist
- Michela Marino Lerman – globally sought after tap dance artist, performer, choreographer, band leader, and educator
- Sen Morimoto – Japanese American singer / multi-instrumentalist and producer
- Julius Rodriguez – multi-instrumentalist and composer
- Melvis Santa – singer, composer, pianist, Afro Cuban dancer, actress, and educator
- DOMi & JD Beck – the most hyped jazz duo
- Maurice Brown – trumpet sensation
- Theon Cross – award-winning tuba player and composer
Located in the former Strand Theatre, BRIC House is Brooklyn’s 40,000 square foot multi-disciplinary arts and media complex. They bring together both emerging and established artists, allowing them to create work that deepens their practice and engages the diverse communities of the borough.
You can see the full lineup and find more information on their website here.
Where: BRIC House – 647 Fulton Street, Brooklyn
When: Thursday, October 20 – Saturday, October 22, doors open at 7p.m.
Please note: Proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test is required to visit BRIC House.